This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh. It's only been 3-days...

since the new store where I work opened with much hooplah and fanfare. It's a great store and is already drawing more business to us.

The suck is, do you know what has happened to them EVERY DAY since opening?

They've caught shoplifters.

Yep. 2 a day for the past 3-days!

I guess they thought a new store would be understaffed, unprepared or that the employees just wouldn't be paying attention.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

they operate by the concept of inverse intellligence: they believe, that as service people, we are the dumbest, least observant monkeys on the planet, when in reality, the opposite is true.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Loss prevention guys start out hyper vigilant and eventually become jaded and apathetic. You don't steal the first week, you wait a year or two. Not that I'm a shoplifter but I've known lots of LP guys and see the trend. Criminals are so dumb. People smart enough to be good criminals are smart enough to not be criminals. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
        Criminals are so dumb. People smart enough to be good criminals are smart enough to not be criminals bankers.
        Fixed that
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
          Fixed that
          Very true. Somehow I forgot about about my student loan sharks. I would have been better off borrowing money from the mafia.

Comment

Well look on the bright side, shoplifters do communicate with each other and learn which stores are easy marks vs. those that aren't. You're putting your best food forward here.

It'd be pretty awesome if you could post a Wall of Shame showing as shoplifters get pinched.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I guess either they were testing the waters, or they figured that a new store = 100% brand new employees....riiiiiiiiiiiiighttt.....
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Some people are so stupid.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Sarcastro View Post
                  Very true. Somehow I forgot about about my student loan sharks. I would have been better off borrowing money from the mafia.
                  Are you sure you weren't?

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Are you sure you weren't?

^-.-^

Oddly enough broken kneecaps heal more quickly than messed up credit ratings. That and the Mafia doesn't call me 83 times a day.
                    Last edited by Sarcastro; 10-07-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X