This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's. The. LAW.

Pulled out my (modern) disco playlist for tonight to counteract my case of the blues-it's difficult to stay upset or depressed with danceable beats playing.

(Though has anyone heard Cee-Lo Green's "Fuck You" on Youtube? GO GET IT.)

It's. The. LAW.

Technically, no, but it IS Aid of Rite policy to card all members of a group who are buying cigarettes or alcohol or other things restricted by law.

You can scream "fuck" all you want, you can say "I never had a license", you can say, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?" all you want, you can hit the automatic door on your way out and knock it off its tracks, and you can burn rubber on your way out. You're not getting cigarettes unless everyone has ID on them.

Bonus: Are You SERIOUS?

Someone wiped me out of my extra cash to give back just before you came in. Don't look at me and scream "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" and "THIS IS CRAZY" when I tell you I can't do it No means no. Go to my coworker and get her money.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Ah, the bartender's refrain (or should be): When it comes to alcohol, I AM THE LAW!

Same goes for other age-restricted purchases, too.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post

It's. The. LAW.

Technically, no, but it IS Aid of Rite policy to card all members of a group who are buying cigarettes or alcohol or other things restricted by law.

You can scream "fuck" all you want, you can say "I never had a license", you can say, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?" all you want, you can hit the automatic door on your way out and knock it off its tracks, and you can burn rubber on your way out. You're not getting cigarettes unless everyone has ID on them.

[.
      two states where I have had jobs of this nature required ID'ing ALL people in a group. mostly for liability and straw purchase reasons. I am really surpised that NOT all states have this rule/law.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Yes, you'd think good sense would require it.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X