• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early check in

Guest: Dave, I am coming in two weeks and would like an early check in

Me: we wont know about that until the day of arrival

Guest: ok well I need to know

Me: I am sorry we wont know until that day

Guest: well how likely am I to get in early?

Me: we dont know until the day of arrival

Guest: well if I call two or three days before, can you tell me then?

Me: we dont know until the day of arrival

Guest: I mean surely you must have some idea

Me: no ma'am

Guest: you're very rude and unhelpful....I just dont feel like you really care

Me: sorry you feel that way

Guest: can I speak to your manager?

Me: sure one moment

I just absolutely LOVE the fact that customers insist on believing that you CAN give them what you want, they just have to whine about it JUST ENOUGH
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

What part of "We don't know until the day of arrival" don't they understand??

Comment

Rude = Tellings people facts apparently. Helpful = Accommodating their every whim no matter how unrealistic it may be.

Comment

There was the lady who called the DMV: "I am planning to be there this afternoon at 2:30. Will you be busy then?"

Me: "I don't know, ma'am. Typically this office is very busy between 1:30 to 3:30. Our average wait time in the afternoon is 25 - 30 minutes."

It: "But it could be more than that."

Me: "I'm afraid so, yes. I have no way of knowing."

It: "But I could also get waited on less than that."

Me: "It is very possible."

It: "Why won't you just tell me how long I will have to wait?"

Me (Because I am not psychic?): "I don't know how long it will be, ma'am."

It: "So, if I take off from work for only half an hour, but it takes longer, then I get in trouble at work. But if I take off the rest of the day and I am in and out, then I will have wasted a lot of time!"

Me (Seriously? This person is complaining that she might not have to wait?): "I have no way to know what is going to happen in 4 hours."

It: "Well, what might make it longer than 30 minutes?"

Me (slightly starting to lose it, which means the sarcasm comes out): "Well, staff might be tied up on the phone answering pointless questions."

It (totally over her head - dear lord, this woman is dim): "Well, I don't understand why you can't just give me an exact number." Click.

I want to get a rubber stamp made that reads: TOO DUMB TO DRIVE
          To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
          To pursue it with forks and hope;
          To threaten its life with a railway share;
          To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

*sees midnight's av* oooh, cute widdle cuddly wuddly!

what?

yep; we're only doing our job when they get absolutely everything they desire, including rose petals leading them to their vacation abode.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post

Me (slightly starting to lose it, which means the sarcasm comes out): "Well, staff might be tied up on the phone answering pointless questions."
              Just for the record... That was awesome.
              There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                What part of "We don't know until the day of arrival" don't they understand??
                The part where Dave isn't giving them the answer they want to hear?
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
                  I want to get a rubber stamp made that reads: TOO DUMB TO DRIVE
                  I really wish they would do that here. "Sorry, ma'am, your stupidity is too dangerous a threat for other drivers. Your license is cancelled."

Of course, they'd still drive, but it's a nice dream.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Interestingly enough, I've never gotten this particular problem. I've had guests ask if checking in early would be a problem. I tell them that we can try, but I cannot promise an early checkin. It usually depends on how business is the night before. If we sell out, it'll be nearly impossible to do an early checkin.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                    X