Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iliterate or aliterate? Does it even matter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    It's only worth my while if you're bribing me with an amount which, strangely enough, equals the regular price of the "sale" item. Tempting, isn't it.
    Or more.

Why is it so easy for me to believe in the possibility of some clueless customer attempting to bribe an employee with $20 in exchange for a $10 discount on something?
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      Or more.

Why is it so easy for me to believe in the possibility of some clueless customer attempting to bribe an employee with $20 in exchange for a $10 discount on something?
      Karmic justice would have him then return the item and only get the discounted price back because he did 'buy' it for the sale price. :P

Comment

Quoth TheRabbi View Post
        But there's no harm in asking, right?
        Yes. There's a reason why it's stated in the flyer that the sale starts on Oct. 7th, not "on the 6th if you ask nicely, attempt to bribe employees and/or make puppy dog eyes at everyone".
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And again today.

We have blue plastic storage totes on sale for $X.xx (lowest price of the season, and I'm not going to disclose that because it may give away my employer ). We also have them lined up in stacks down the middle of the main aisle between housewares and toys.

And people just walk right past them into a different aisle and pick up totes that are significantly more expensive.

Swear I must've been called to bring up the correct totes and return the incorrect times at least 5 times today. If you're so dense as to miss the big honkin' pile of the right totes, you should have to haul your ass back there yourself to grab the right ones.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You have a point, asking if the ad can be honored early is a harmless question. But so are the jokes "If it doesn't scan, it's free yuk yuk yuk". Employees begin to resent such question/comments.

And let's not forget that about half the folks asking for an early discount will then argue with you, convinced they deserve that discount now Now NOW! After being told no, they'll look for another employee and ask the same question again, or demand a manager and complain, trying to force a discount. If the item is small enough, some SCs try to steal it because they are "owed" this product. I've lost a lot of faith in humanity.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Krivak View Post
              Once you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk. And so on.
              I stake the mouse...
              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                Honestly, you are special and unique. Just like everyone else is.
                I'm not. >.>
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  They ignore expiration dates,
                  Correction...they pay too much attention to expiration dates. If there's 15 bottles of milk in the dairy cooler.....each dated 12 days in advance.....they're ransack the entire shelf looking for the one listed as 13 days.
                  Often moving most of the bottles onto different shelves and leaving it like that when they get their precious 13. Seen that too many times back in my dairy days.

Comment

Working...
                  X