This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Fooling Anybody

I'm not sure if I'm overreacting to these things, but for some reason the fact that every one of the people that pull this routine act like I've got no idea what they are doing just ticks me off.

At our store we sell single cigarillos. They are cheap $.60 cigars. The only reason we sell so damn many of them is because pot heads love them. This particular incident happened last night, but it's nearly identical to all the other times it has happened.

SMC--Sucky Marijuana customer

SMC: Gimme a single [cigar]
    Me, after checking to find a reasonably "fresh" one: That's $.60.
    She checks it, it seems fine and she pays for it. She then heads out side, turns around after getting to her car and comes back inside.
    SMC: 'Scuse me, this one's broke.
    Even knowing why it broke, I gave her another one. She takes 4 steps towards the door then comes back.
    SMC: This ones stale.
    <first off, it's not stale. When it comes to cigars stale is more of a taste thing. Second, we don't keep our $.60 cigars in a humidor, since we don't have one, so they have about 3 days of super soft shelf life after the box is opened. I was already upset since this little encounter happens about once a month.>
    Me: It's not stale, its just a little dry. I'm not giving you another one.
    SMC: Can I just get my money back?
    Me: No.
    SMC: But the cigar broke.
    Me: If you would have used it the right way, it would have been just fine. They only reason it broke was because you beat the crap out of it trying to loosen the tobacco. <she gives me a look like she couldn't believe I had figured it out>
    SMC: So what? It's my business what I do with it.
    Me: If you had used it for it's intended purpose it would not have broken. They are not made to be hollowed out so that the tobacco can be replaced with something better. In fact, the manufacturers try to make it so as much of the tobacco stays in the cigar.
    SMC: So, it was old so I should get my money back.
    Me: It is not old, I opened that box less than a week ago. They are just a little dry and just fine for smoking. You cannot buy a cheap cigar and then try to get your money back when it turns out to be a cheap cigar.
    SMC: But it broke.
    Me: It broke because you beat the crap out of it, and that's not my fault. That would be like buying a bottle of pop and trying to open it by beating it against the hood of your car. When it breaks that way, you wouldn't get your money back. It was your own fault it broke.

She finally left, but it's just the fact that she, like others, believe that they are the only people to ever think of hollowing out the tobacco of a cigar, that gets me. It's not like the cops can't figure it out either. They should just buy a pack of rolling papers a be done with it.

I'm curious to see if I'm alone in this thinking or what.
    Last edited by Guyver; 01-14-2007, 09:48 PM.
    A true warrior enters the battlefield with all his weapons at the ready.

Quoth Guyver View Post
    I'm curious to see if I'm alone in this thinking or what.
    I'm thinking that there are people who have too few brain cells to begin with, before adding chemicals to the mix.

Comment

Many a time @ the C-store I had to ring up customers with:

A box of baking soda
      Sudafed
      SOS Scrubbies

or

Glass covered cigar...finding cigar intact in the garbage can immediately outside door.

The part of town I was working in wasn't so good, huh.

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

When I was working at 7-11, I would hate these customers because, they would dump the tobacco out in the parkinglot, and I would have to clean it up
        And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

Yeah

Hello, I'd like to by this roll of aluminum foil, and 2 bottles of ephedra please. Do you guys have batteries? Do you know where I can buy some anhydrous ammonia?

lol

Way to hide it.
          A true warrior enters the battlefield with all his weapons at the ready.

Comment

Quoth Guyver View Post
            Way to hide it.
            Next time they ask, just point and laugh. "First-timer, huh?"
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Some people are about as subtle as a train wreck, don't you think?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We actually started carrying blunt wraps. Kiwi Strawberry! and Someotherflavor!

Oh, and despite being a drugnoob, a quick wikipedia lookup has confirmed my suspicions for what one makes with these ingredients. Craziness!
                Last edited by Scottya21; 01-15-2007, 03:55 AM.

Comment

I have a little corkscrew that will pull the tobacco out of those no prob, no smashing or banging required.
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I don't really have any personal objections to pot but I'm sorry, I hate the pot heads. Maybe there are pot smoking people of whom I'm not aware because they don't broadcast it (together with their rudeness and stupidity) for all the world to see, but all I know is that the ones I've encountered are jerks.

My store is a little bit out of the way, and so the patio outside turns into pot central every single summer. We've tried yelling at them, having men yell at them (which seems to be a slightly better deterrant), calling the cops, etc. But every single summer, they come back again. They fill the entire patio with pot smoke. It gets into my store through the ventilation.

It was really bad last summer because a dealer started hanging out nearby, and some of the other business owners in the area started looking at us cross-eyed like it was our fault or something. This summer I'm not standing for it -- the moment I smell pot smoke, I'm calling the cops.

Comment

Oh god, that was so lame. Reminds me of the last call of the day on Saturday...

This kid (he was SO stoned) wanted a replacement phone or a refund because his phone had snapped in half.

I'm like:

"How did that happen?"

"Well, I was sitting there, and I turned around.. it dropped to the floor and it snapped in half"

I'm like .. "Uhhh.. yeah..... NO."

Comment

Working...
                      X