X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And in this wake...

...a market erected.

Just one today, folks.

A lady comes up with a paper and some Halloween thing that costs $6. I think I was a costume.

SC: X-mart has these for 40% off.

Now, we here at Mal-Mart KNOW a few things. We know there are two kinds of ads that we do not match:

1. 1 cent Poffice Rax back-to-school ads
    2. Percentage off ads

I tell her this and she goes into a mini-rant about why Mal-mart advertises that they match ads "if they don't match ads..."

Urgggh....

An entire empire built on top of the dead!

(I'm really frustrated and bored, can you tell? Spot the error in the reference and you get cookies.)
    Last edited by Tama; 10-23-2010, 07:17 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

It's just the little shop of horrors. Remember that.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

This is not the reference you're looking for.

No seriously, that's not it.
      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Repo: The Genetic Opera

Is that any good? Saw the box a few times, but never grabbed it to watch it.

And yes, I cheated. I had to know what the reference was before I got off shift or it would have bugged me all weekend.
        Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
        Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

I always hated those arguments. It don't care if Tar-jhet has an ad saying that new gotta-have-DVD is $5 off. The ad has to say the final price and that's what we match. Because the competition is still selling that DVD for $15 (even after markdown) while our current price (with no markdowns) is $13. Good grief.

I don't know why, but Halloweenie customers always bugged me more than any other holiday and even more than *gasp* back to school. At least back to school had people griping mostly about ads and our price-matching was very firm. With Halloween, customers would get all entitled and demand discounts for the silliest of reasons. Honestly, telling me we have sooooo much holiday stuff and therefore should give you 50% off is not a valid argument. And don't get upset when I say no, I held back my laughter and was very polite.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Tama thread always equals Repo reference. :P

And it should be, "And in its wake, a market erected." Is that the error?

Gimme cookies!

Comment

Yes, that's right, Repo.

I've got to start being more subtle with these references. :P

And nope, Kay, not right. At least, I think not. Maybe I've been mishearing him when I listen to that song (my hearing loss must be worse than I thought! GASP!). Okay, maybe that's right too, but the one I intended on being wrong isn't that one.

It's nothing in the top half of the post., that should give you a hint.
              Last edited by Tama; 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM.
              My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

and the second line is technically "an entire city built on top of the dead! And you can finance your lungs and your kidneys. For every market a submarket grows..."

<ahem>

Sorry. And yes, I hate when people try to pull price matching. WE get people coming into Textbook Hell asking if we'll price match Amazon, and not Amazon.com, but Amazon Marketplace

Um. No. kthxbai

Comment

And lupo got the error right!

...but you made one of your own. It's "bones, and your kidneys..." I've watched this movie a million times. And listened to the soundtrack countless more.

Unless I'm listening to some edited version of course.

Amazon Marketplace. X_x oh man. I'd hate it if someone tried that at Malmart
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Ah, touche!!!

I always get that line wrong because of the other song, "lungs and livers and bladders and hearts..." too many mention of internal organs in the various songs.

Comment

I should make up a Repo trivia quiz and include that.

"Name the internal organs mentioned in the following songs...."
                      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

D'oh! I didn't even see the second part of it! I cheated and looked up the lyrics earlier. It said "its", not "this", and I got picky. :P

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                          Repo: The Genetic Opera

Is that any good? Saw the box a few times, but never grabbed it to watch it..
                          It is amazing-it is an actual opera from a musical sense-just sung in english rather-I own one of the coins Paris Hilton handed to Graverobber(Terrence Zdunich). Point of note: the part of Amber Sweet was written with Paris Hilton in mind, and IMHO-she does a fantastic job, wore all her own clothes too.....
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            With Halloween, customers would get all entitled and demand discounts for the silliest of reasons. Honestly, telling me we have sooooo much holiday stuff and therefore should give you 50% off is not a valid argument.
                            But of course they can have it for 50% off. They just have to wait until a few days after Halloween.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X