X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year again...

Hey guys, I'm baaaack! Anyway...

Here we are, midway through January, and the Holiday season is officially over. According to corporate, the returns are done, and thus, the season is over.

The seasonal employees are gone, and the store is once agian back to normal.

So, I would like to take this time to reflect on my favorite customers from this past holiday season.

The Magic Button!

I never thought I would get one of these, but I did, and holy crap, I did everything I could to keep myself from laughing.

We have coupons that we send out to kids who are signed up for our birthday club. $3 off any purchase of $3 or more.

Now, for our coupons that are specific to a certain dollar amount to be spent, that total is BEFORE tax. If that amount is not met before tax (barring a few cents depending on the manager), the coupon can't be used.

Well, someone came to my register (back in the videogame department) with a bottle of Pepsi and a $3 off coupon. I told her she couldn't use it because her total was only $1.39 and she needed to spend at least $3 to use the coupon.

SC: No I don't. I used to work here, and I KNOW you have a button you can press back there to override that.

My favorite quotes:

SC: Well, I have a lot of things to do, and not a lot of time to do them, thanks to bad television information.

Creepy SC(after one seasonal employee saying "I've been out of HS for 2 years, give me a break" (bad at math :P) and myself saying "Well, it's been 10 years for me, and I still knew how much"): I wish I could say it was only 10 years for me, it's more like 25. I still sit around and think to myself "Man, I used to date 16 year-olds!"

The Last-Minute SC: Do you guys have any DS Lites?
    Me: Nope, we are all sold out, just like every other store in the city.
    LMSC: It's TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS, HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE THEM!!!
    Me (keeping my cool): Well, tha is exactly why we don't have them. It's two days before Christmas, and that is an item that is in high demand year-round.
    LMSC: SCREW YOU! I'll just go get one from Wal-Mart!

Quoth cannedpasta View Post
    Me (keeping my cool): Well, tha is exactly why we don't have them. It's two days before Christmas, and that is an item that is in high demand year-round.
    LMSC: SCREW YOU! I'll just go get one from Wal-Mart!
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wait! Let me try to conjure some up using the 'pull items out of my arse' spell!"

What part of "we don't have them" and "just like every store in the city" does that guy not understand?
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth cannedpasta View Post
      SC: No I don't. I used to work here, and I KNOW you have a button you can press back there to override that.
      Is that the same magic button you press to produce the sold out/back ordered/incredibly in demand item the SC wants you to look for more of "in back"?
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

No, it's the same button that turns YOUR store into the mythical, magical "Everywhere Else" store that SCs rave about.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So do these people think our tills look like the control room in NASA to have room for all these special buttons?

Comment

Where I work, our registers can do just about everything under the sun. You just need a manager's key....

Oh....... THAT magic button. Get lost, kid.
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

You know, I have been sorely tempted to put an Easy Button at each register for moments such as this. When someone complains I'll just push the button, then when nothing happens, say "it didn't work, so I can't take this coupon/return/etc"

Too bad the management would never spring for it.

(I actually have an Easy Button I've modified to say "SORRY! NO RETURNS!!!!!" as spoken by Peter Griffin. THAT would get me fired in a heartbeat, but it was fun to make. )
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
              X