This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most disgusting I've ever seen.

Got another batch of stories from my second week at the sandwich shop.

Crazy Salad guy

I got to meet a new regular this week who I will henceforth refer to as "Crazy salad guy".

First he orders a regular salad with cheese so I put on some cheese. Then he wants more, so I put on more. Then he asks for more so I put on more. Then he looks at me and says: "What, are you afraid of it or something, put it on there!"

So by the end not only is this thing dripping with cheese (which we did charge him extra for, it also includes double meat AND double bacon and as if that was not enough at the end he asks for THREE packs of dressing (and these aren't Mcdonald's ketchup sized packs either, these are pouches!) and FIVE packets of crackers.

To me it was the nastiest salad. Why you would need so much crap on your salad?

Come a little closer...I won't bite

Had a guy come in and proceed to give me his entire order while sitting down at one of our tables. This guy wasn't impaired or disabled, he was just an idiot. He sat at the table closest to the door which is at least 10 feet from the counter. He's hollering at me and I keep having to double check (emphasizing the fact I can't hear him to see if he takes the hint) to make sure I get it right. Then at the end he gets made at me for not giving him enough pickle. That, jackass, is why you are supposed to be IN FRONT OF ME while making your order, that way I can make changes before I pack up your sandwich.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Not an SC, just an observation really. A man came in with his daughter who I would guesstimate was about 8 years old. She was also pudgy, which juding by the way the man looked, runs in the family. The girl gets a combo meal (which includes chips) AND Two cookies on top of that, THEN a few minutes later she comes back up to get TWO more cookies.

I just kind of shook my head inside because I have a strong hunch this poor thing is developing extremely unhealthy eating habits and her family is helping to enable her.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I've seen a guy slather a salad in way too much dressing AND A-1 sauce.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      Why you would need so much crap on your salad?
      "Hows the diet going bob?"
      "Oh great, I had a salad for lunch!"
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Some people THINK they're eating healthy when they eat a salad & they generally are, BUT once they pour salad dressing & all that other garbage on top of it, then the health aspects of a salad go flying out the window.

Comment

My salads must always be naked. I hates dressing.

Instead I load up my lettuce with stuff like bacon bits, sunflower seeds, those tortilla-strip thingies, croutons, raisins, and alfalfa sprouts if I can find them.

Some of you are probably retching right about now, but I like the crunch I guess.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My friend in produce says he has to empty out the dressing packets when their salads expire, and he said one day he was playing with the dressing (WTF? lol) while wearing plastic gloves, and the next thing he knows, his gloves have been worn thin and ripped and his hands are covered with dressing.

Now I'm not sure if I ever want to eat salad dressing again.

I doubt if the OP's customer was making his salad for health reasons though. Yikes. Although if it were me, I think I'd just get a pizza if I wanted that much cheese and fat for lunch.
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Instead I load up my lettuce with stuff like bacon bits, sunflower seeds, those tortilla-strip thingies, croutons, raisins, and alfalfa sprouts if I can find them.

Now that's my kind of salad.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                "Hows the diet going bob?"
                "Oh great, I had a salad for lunch!"
                Dammit you stole my line.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  I just kind of shook my head inside because I have a strong hunch this poor thing is developing extremely unhealthy eating habits and her family is helping to enable her.
                  Hunch? More like giant red ringing alarm bells saying that she is.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

are you talking liquid cheese or grated cheese here?

Grated cheese is a lot less disgusting on salads than liquid cheese.

Comment

Something tells me Salad guy needs to go to a Sizzler and do the all you can eat Salad bar and load up till his hearts content. . . .crap now I want salad >.<
                      "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        if the tortilla-strips and croutons are baked or toasted rather than fried, and the bacon bits are lean, then that's a REALLY healthy salad. Even if they're fatty bacon bits, then with the proportion of good stuff compared to less-good, you'd be getting an A in my book. (lean bacon-bits is A+)

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                        Now I'm not sure if I ever want to eat salad dressing again.
                        If it's an olive-oil-and-vinegar dressing, it was probably good for his hands.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Lol. When I have salad, I have tomato based dressing on it, and loads of tomatoes. In case you couldn't tell, I really like tomatoes. XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm picky about my salads. I prefer Catalina or Italian Dressing or even a vinaigrette. All that cheese and crap piled on that salad = . Call that one the 1,000 calorie nasty salad. I don't trust fast food salads at all (especially after one of my friends found out before eating his salad) that the sauce he got was RANCID!! and the only other place I would eat salad is a sit down restaurant or Sweet Tomatoes or at home. As for the idiot SC, how lazy can somebody get?! It's not that hard to stand in front of the counter and order something (if you're able bodied). The SC and his daughter...three letters and three words...SMH...shaking my head.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I love a good salad....heck I'm the kind of person who gets the bagged salads at the grocery store and a container of italian dressing and that's breakfast for the week.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X