This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a concept!!

I know its crazy but here's a thought.........if you are going to go through the trouble of calling me to bitch about your bill, how about having the account number handy!!

Oh, and one better, since it is a medical bill and it states right on the bill "Insurance Carrier can not ID the patient", maybe you should have your insurance card handy too Sparky!!!

No, I really can't wait while you go to your vehicle to get it.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    This job would be great if it wasn't for the fu*kin' customers. ~Clerks

Oh puleeeezeeeee....I work in a libary. People can call to renew books or check on their accounts. Do you KNOW how many people call and don't have their card handy? they bitch and moan and have to run and find it.

Nw common sense here people. You're gonna call and check on your account. Doesn't it make sense to have your library card handy?

Library Lil

Comment

"What do you mean you don't know who *I* am!"

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

Well you would think someone might have their account number when they call me too, but no.

Really, we want to help you, and as quickly as possible. That can really be expedited by you being ready to call us!!!

My favorites though are:

"It's under <name as common as Mike Smith> or as confusing as <Bashmyheadin Rammalammading-dong>"
        ME: We have 1728 Bill Smiths in your state . .or .. I don't think I have the right spelling for Rammalammadingdong .. oh, there's a hyphen . .

"It's the account ending in 9210"
        ME: I actually need the entire account number. We have 19 million clients and we ran out of the low numbers already

I give half credit though if you at least have a number to one of your other accounts as I can find you easily with that.

Comment

Or if you're calling expressly to change your insurance on file with us, ya might want to have that card there BEFORE you make the call.

Better yet, just bring the dang card in when you need to pick up a refill. It's a lot easier than having you try to figure out your insurance info.

Comment

Some people don't realize that in some cases, you can't move on any further until you get some identifying info from them. A lot of them think that there's a caller ID and when they call in, their info automatically populates from the caller ID...uh, no, it doesn't - WHO ARE YOU? My all time favorite response to my inquiries about who the person on the other end is...

"Why do you need all this information?"
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Okay, and what about this "I have to go to the car to get my card"?? Do any of you keep your health insurance card in your vehicle because I hear that statement all the time and I think WTF!!! Who does this and why?????
              This job would be great if it wasn't for the fu*kin' customers. ~Clerks

Comment

I do it. My car is my giant traveling wallet. My car goes where I do, so why not keep all the emergency stuff I need to keep with me in the car?

Lots of people do it hon.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I think what he means though, IMO, anyways, is that why would you necessarily keep something like that in your glovebox or whatever? I mean, wherever I go, I keep my health insurance card, or a copy at least, in my personal wallet, in the event anything happens and I'm away from my car. I keep my DL and credit cards in there too. I do keep a lot of my stuff in the glovebox myself though.,

Comment

Working...
                  X