This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't touch me

Ok, so I was restocking some Nintendo DS games and this lady walks past me with her daughter. Right after they walk by I hear the mother say, "You're evil. You're not opening any presents tonight." Mind you, it's Christmas Eve. I'm trying not to listen to this dispute but I couldn't help it, the mom was being vocal. She continues to tell the child that she's evil. At some point she grabs her daughter and her daughter says "Don't touch me." To this, the mother replies "I made you, I can touch you all I want." As she continues to call her daughter evil, I make my way to the backroom, which is on the other side of where this lady is standing and I see 3 of my coworkers standing back there laughing. "Are you guys hearing this?" I asked. They all nod and I noticed that one of them was trying to figure out how to make his phone voice record. By the time he figured out, it was too late.

Oh my god, that's terrible. That poor girl. I'm not sure I would be able to hold my tongue with someone like that. I'd just want to get that girl away from her and protect her.

Comment

sounds like bad parenting to me. you will be surprised how many parents on this planet are not suitable for being a parent themselves either they werent ready to be one or they just dont have the talent to be one.

Comment

There are just some peopl ethat shouldnt be allowed out without their handlers. That lady is bucking for a real hard boot to the head.

Somehow I see therapy in that child's future as well as a self fulfilling prophesy there.

That "lady" goes beyond sucky.

Comment

Bah! My mom calls me evil all the time.

Of course I just look at her and tell her that she raised me that way

Mongo
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Hmm...there are worse things that she could be calling her child. I guess it all depends on the context, tone of voice, age of child, what was happening before they walked into the store...etc, etc.

My mom used to say that she brought me into this world she can surely take me out!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
            X