This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At My moms Job

My moms job is at a Self Storage center. She has one customer that will not pay what she owes. So because of that, her unit is doubled locked. Meaning that her lock is on, and also on of the storages is on also. And will be taken off, when she pays.

Now recently the customer came in, and wanted to know why she could not get into the gate. My mom tells her that, she hasn't paid in about 8 months. The customer started telling her that, they need to work with her, and for my mom to give her, her co-workers house number, my mom tells her, she will not do that. Also she wanted my mom, to give her the managers private number, again being told she will not do that.

Here comes the line of every SC, the woman tells my mom, that she always gets her way. She also stated that, it is because of her, that my mom has a job. My moms manager just happened to come back in at the moment, and over heard that part. He tells the woman that, it is not because of her, and that it is because of the main owners knowing how much of a good worker she was at the last storage, that she got hired on there. The woman, just had the look like a monkey flew out of her ass, just got the image in my head, and left.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Why is it that the customers who refuse to pay are always the ones who are quickest with the 'I'm one of your best customers/I pay your bills/paycheque/etc' line?

No you're NOT. That is in fact at the very core of the issue!
    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

When the customer said "It's because of me that you have a job", your mom should've said "That would be true if you paid your fees."
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        The woman, just had the look like a monkey flew out of her ass, just got the image in my head, and left.
        Am I the only one that's totally at that one? That was freaking awesome!

Aren't there some places where if you don't pay the rental fee after so many months...the property inside is considered "abandoned" and can be sold or disposed of?
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

8 months?
          I've used storage several times and they always have something in the contract that says within so many days/weeks/months after the payment due date, the merchandise is considered abandoned and will be auctioned off.
          Of course, I've never put this to the test. I'm one of those freaks who pays his fees on time...

"Here comes the line of every SC, the woman tells my mom, that she always gets her way." Sadly, some people DO seem charmed like this. No matter what outrageous crap they pull, they always come out ahead.
          ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Oh yeah, wait untill the unit goes up for sale. My boyfriend helps out with some of them in the Omaha area, and lemme tell you what. You can find some very cool, very gross, very illegal, or very weird stuff. Like the [recently used] crack pipe, penis pump, check blanks and social security card we found in the last one.
            Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

My father passed away in August and he had 4 storage units that we had to go through. It was an interesting experience as I had never dealt with any storage place until this. Two of the units were at one location and that place was great. We settled the back-rent and presented a death certificate and everything was OK. The other location, aside from having the weirdest hours, asked to have my father call, initially. After I faxed them the paperwork, they were willing to transfer ownership after waiting 60 days, and charging us for that time. In addition, they needed proof of heredity and, this is my favorite part, wanted to see paperwork to show that I had power of attorney. For those of you playing the home game, power of attorney ends at death. That's when it's time for a personal representative, which I had based on papers that myself and my brothers all had signed. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with any of them any more. They were more than heartless, they were brutal and stupid.
              Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Somewhere I remember reading about one of those where someone was *very* foolish not to keep the bill paid up: they'd stashed a body in there!
                Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                  Somewhere I remember reading about one of those where someone was *very* foolish not to keep the bill paid up: they'd stashed a body in there!
                  Well, where ELSE would you stash a body? Hmm...maybe I've said too much...
                  The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
                    Someone else's storage bin, duh!
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post

How about in a Ms. Pac-Man arcade sized video game machine?

Sorry; that was the episode of CSI I watched tody. (I think that was the first time I've ever gagged watching that show. That was one nasty body. Even worse then "Liquid Man" or whatever they called the guy who was stuffed into a duffle bag and basically melted.)
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Kinda off topic here, but sadly enough in a town about 30 minutes away from here, they found a woman who had been murdered, put in the trunk of her car, and the car was put in a storage unit.

Her son was arrested for her murder.. but the rest of her family didn't even report her missing, even though she was murdered back in October.

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                          I'm one of those freaks who pays his fees on time...
                          im one of those freaks to the extreme, if i cant pay double, in advance (i hold the double till i need it) i dont get it, example, only will get the internet once 12*yearly subscription fee*2 is in a special account. im only 16 but expect great credit(the point of it all)

Comment

Quoth yahurd View Post
                            im one of those freaks to the extreme, if i cant pay double, in advance (i hold the double till i need it) i dont get it, example, only will get the internet once 12*yearly subscription fee*2 is in a special account. im only 16 but expect great credit(the point of it all)
                            I do believe you meant 12 * monthly subscription fee * 2, unless you want to be able to pay for your internet service 24 years in advance...:-)

Comment

Working...
                            X