This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
    And when ordering, they like to stand in front of the display case, pointing at things. "Ma'am, it's curved glass. I can't tell WHAT you're pointing at, and I can't hear you unless you're standing right in front of me.
    I have the same problem with our jewelry display case (why we sell body jewelry, I don't know). Somebody will point at what they want. I'm standing next to them, at an angle from what they're pointing at. What makes it hilarious is when I ask is it the 2nd, 3rd, etc., from the left or right. Some of them just can't figure it out!

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
    Tap your foot, and a little iguana in a jester costume pops out of the counter and runs around.
    Your store has space herpes? How did that happen?
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I don't even try to be nice when they speak around the display case.
      "I can't hear you. Come over here and stand in front of me."

I hate when they try to order as I'm trying to bring chicken up. I'm 20 feet away from them, three friers going, huge vent hood on high, and one of the friers is depressurizing. I CAN NOT F---ING HEAR YOU, STFU UNTIL I GET OVER THERE.
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

We have a bell out in our store so that if the cashier is out it the store (it is slow and the cashier does have other tasks) with a sign saying "Ring bell for cashier." Most people ring the bell, but others do not. Some people just wait and tell us "I don't want to be annoying" Others will huff and puff. Still others (the most annoying will shout out "Is anyone helping here" or come get the non cashier for help. When I get thouse people I tell them to ring the bell.
        I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

We have a doorbell, too.
          Either they press it the SECOND they walk up, regardless of whether or not I'm standing there, or
          They stand where I can't see them, walk over, press the button, and quickly bunnyhop back to the hidden zone, or
          They let their 5 year old press the button throughout the entire order. At that point, I just stop and stare into space every time the kid does, until the bell stops, then I resume taking their order.

Or, the usual "HEY, ANYBODY HERE", or if they are especially annoying, "YO, CHICKEN!" Those people usually end up with me giving them a cold stare as I put together their order (I can look like I'm a unibomber if I give a cold enough stare)
          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Working...
          X