Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I had my Cousin and his wife as temporary roommates..it was insane. Now, I change every day (twice if I had to go out for anything), so I would have 7+ outfits to wash (mind you I it was hardly ever the same 7+ outfits every week) at the end of the week. Somehow, between two people .. in seven days... they had 3 large garbage bag full of clothing. It would take us HOURS at the local laundromat. How in the name of sanity they had that much clothing..especially since one never ever left the house for anything (the wife, she was a bit..lazy) is beyond me. 28 outfits, 7 days. With one never leaving the house.

Which is why I always insisted we wash in different machines..cause no way I was gonna pay for that .
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Section 13 sounds suspiciously like the equivalent law that you say you don't have.
      Sort of? You don't need to plead Section 13. It provides immunity to any testitimony given under oath that would incriminate you, by default. So its not a "right to remain silent" as would fit the saying. You can say whatever you want. >.>

Comment

Technically you do not have to plead the fifth either. You have a right not to incriminate yourself, or you can say whatever you would like. Council can advise you not to say anything, and if asked certain questions you can say "On the advice of my attorney I plead the fifth.", but if somebody wants to talk and remove any doubts they are idiots then not much can stop them.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Sort of? You don't need to plead Section 13. It provides immunity to any testitimony given under oath that would incriminate you, by default. So its not a "right to remain silent" as would fit the saying. You can say whatever you want. >.>
          Sounds pretty damn cool, actually.

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Technically you do not have to plead the fifth either. You have a right not to incriminate yourself, or you can say whatever you would like.
          You also have the right to remain silent, something far too people actually DO.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

No no, please don’t. I quite enjoy having to shout everything and this is a really good episode of Law & Order. Really, I could not paint a more perfect picture of how I’d love to spend an evening then sitting here screaming into my headset only to be periodically interrupted by that “DUN DUN” noise
            That would actually be a very pleasant experience at my work.

"I'm sorry..we're sold out" *DUN DUN*
            *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Personally, I look forward to an unfiltered rant.
              I'm with Jester on this.

Although, I would rather you didn't end up snapping. We rather like you the way you are currently.

Plus, you getting fired/put away for your own everybody's safety would likely cause a notable reduction in subsequent rants.

Quoth Jester View Post
              You gotta go where the machines are, ya know. Makes perfect sense to me.
              You gotta go there, yeah, but you don't gotta stay there.

The people who live in the complex I'm in are surprisingly civil about laundry issues, so while there's often problems relating to the small size and small number of available washers and dryers, there's not much in the way of theft or removal, so no camping required.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That may be true in your complex, Andara, but that is not always true everywhere. There are rude people, there are thefts, etc. And honestly, camping out is not necessarily rude....if you have a lot of laundry, I wouldn't have a problem with you camping out, because that means every time a cycle finishes, you are there to be on top of things and move your laundry along to the next step. Besides, if the dude was doing his laundry in the wee hours, chances are good that not many other people, or no one else at all, are doing their laundry at the same time, so it's all good.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X