This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not signing my check!!!

This SC morphed from nice to SC back to nice again. I was still confused.

It starts off okay. She was in a motorized cart and unloading her stuff. Lady in front of her offers to help. I check her eggs by flicking them (so you don't get the stuff on your hands if there is a mess) and mention my grandma taught me this method. and all was well until she paid with a check. I ask her to sign...

SC: I am NOT SIGNING IT!!! That's useless blargleblargle, you're just giving it back to me anyway!!

I let it go because she had already taken up too much time and there was nothing to be gained from denying this request.

She goes back to nice and is saying, "You're so sweet! Tell your grandmother and mother they did a good job."

That last bit hurt. I know she didn't mean it the way that I took it.

But I dedicated "I Pray For You" to my (extremely absent) mother on my FB wall. The above statement really did hurt.
    Last edited by Tama; 11-24-2010, 01:13 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

I'm sorry. I offer you e-roses.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Regardless, that's a beautiful compliment to give someone. She didn't just try to compliment the person who raised you but the person who raised them. Feel special, not sad

Comment

It may have been intended as a nice thing to say but something like that can cut deep when either a) that person really wasn't a good parent (for whatever reason) or b) that person is no longer alive. It isn't sucky on the part of the customer but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Comment

Oh, I know it's not her fault. That's not what made her an SC. I acknowledge that.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
          X