This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
    I deal with automated systems daily when I'm calling insurance companies for patients. The tried and true method of hitting 0 a lot does indeed work well.
    I've tried that and it never seems to work. With verizon, pressing 0 a lot was the thing I tried before swearing at it. My hope was that if I told it to feck off, it would realized I'm pissed and kick me over to a person.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      This is why I pay my credit card bills online and print up the confirmation page. That way I know my payment will post on the day I scheduled it, without any delays from the post office.
      I pay everything I can online for this very reason. The one recurring bill I refuse to pay online is my mortgage. Why? Because they want a $12.50 service charge to do it online! Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pay 39 cents for a postage stamp, instead!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Actually.

www.gethuman.com

Genius for us, but heaven help us if it gets into the hands of SCs.
        Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

I agree with the fact that this customer was an idiot, however, I must say something about credit card companies. They make it impossible for someone with failing eyesight to read their fine print. Honestly, if you're gonna have that all in an agreement, make it readable. That's why people don't understand and read those, it's too freaken hard to read!! As for the customer, pay the dang bill when you get it and you won't have that issue next time

Comment

Quoth mrsjfreak View Post
            I agree with the fact that this customer was an idiot, however, I must say something about credit card companies. They make it impossible for someone with failing eyesight to read their fine print. Honestly, if you're gonna have that all in an agreement, make it readable. That's why people don't understand and read those, it's too freaken hard to read!! As for the customer, pay the dang bill when you get it and you won't have that issue next time
            Ah, but conversely, people should not sign agreements they can't read. It's no excuse. When you activate the card and use it, you're legally agreeing to the card company's terms and conditions of use. As I've been told again and again, ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it (yes, I realize that these are corporate rules, not "laws", but the effect is the same - you may not have known, but the onus was on YOU to find out, not the company's).
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
            X