Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the ones that go over a penny on their gas look at me like they EXPECT me to have a penny. Guess that's what we get for letting them get used to the take-a-penny/leave-a-penny dish!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Ever since 'Hut O' Pizza' started their $10 for a large deal, the quality has gone into the toilet. Wasn't that good to begin with, absolute GARBAGE now.
      If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
      --Woodrow Willson

Comment

One old woman actually said this to me as if it was supposed to mean something.

"When I was young, calenders only cost a quarter."

I don't think I had ever heard a "In my day" argument in regards to pricing before. Though I did have to work hard not to make references to a specific calender that ends in 2012 that she was most likely around for the creation of.

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
          Ever since 'Hut O' Pizza' started their $10 for a large deal, the quality has gone into the toilet. Wasn't that good to begin with, absolute GARBAGE now.
          I've found that the quality at the Hut varies wildly from franchise to franchise. The one local to my house and workplace is consistently great, and another that was near a friend's is some of the worst stuff to ever be referred to as pizza, and that includes the cheapest frozen crap you've ever found at a discount market.

... Due to this thread, I had Papa John's last night. Pizza came with free breadsticks, which are what I usually end up eating.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Several years ago, I was working in a thrift store. We had a few brand new things ( I guess the company bought discontinued stuff. )

One lady came in and wanted to get some bedsheets we had. Actually said she could find them at Macy's (expensive department store in the US) for less. LOLOLOL...NO.

I think she wanted a sheet for $5 (or whatever) purely because she was standing in the thrift store. Which is....sort of understandable, but they're new sheets! Not 10+ years old!

I loved the manager's attitude. He basically said that she should go to Macy's if she thought she could get it cheaper.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
            X