• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    You forgot The Answer? It's 42!

Damn! You beat me to it.

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
      Why do people panic if their total is $6.66? Is Satan going to pop out of the register and drag everyone down to Hades? Shees.
      Nope. I quite doing that ages ago.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Strange thing is there's an apartment building by my house that's number 666. Perfectly normal old apartment house too, and it must have been number 666 since it was built some eighty years ago seeing as the number is carved into the lintel above the front door. And what's really strange is it's not sandwiched inbetween numbers 664 and 668 either, it's between 600 and 688.

At my burger joint, a cheeseburger, ($4.49,) and fries, ($1.49) and a side of ranch dressing or tarter sauce, ($.14,) brings the total before tax to $6.12. And 6.12 times 1.088 is what? 6.65856. Round that up, and you get $6.66. That happens occasionally, but consider that my burger joint is named Hades Burger.
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

When my boyfriend was a gangly teenage goth, he once went to a shop to buy cheap black eyeliner. It came to £3.34. He paid with a £10, so the change was £6.66. Later that day, he happened to run into Kimya from the Moldy Peaches, totally by coincidence. Full of excitement, he got her to sign the £6.66 receipt.

666 is now his lucky number.
          Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

I remember one time last year where I got two totals of $6.66 in ONE DAY. One was at lunch I believe, and the other was for a six-pack and something else later that night.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              Nope. I quite doing that ages ago.
              ...right about the time you started hiding under Mis' couch
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                That is very amusing to me, as my favorite number is 3, and my one friend and I joke that we are "haunted" by the number 3. For instance, Key West's area code is 33040, but the funny thing is, the number of my street address is (I shit you not) 3333. My friend freaked when I moved in here.
                I've got a few reoccuring numbers in my life. One of which is 44, and strangely enough the number 43 has always been missing. The old Victorian house in which I spent most of my childhood was number 44 Gulf St, across the street between numbers 41 and 45 would be number 43 if there weren't a cemetary on that lot. When I first moved to Seattle I lived on 44th Avenue, and there wasn't a 43rd Avenue. What was supposed to be 43rd Avenue was just called California Avenue. Not only that, but I lived on the 4400 block of 44th Avenue, and there wasn't a 4300 block. 44th Avenue just stopped for a block and picked up again at the next crossing. The reason? A cemetary.
                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth GayleShy View Post
                  On a side note, my fifth anniversery at the evil Smiley Store fell on 06-06-06 last year, which all my co-workers found oddly fitting. I have quite the "weirdo" rep at my store, which is how I've lasted so long.
                  Hehe. I was hired on 6-6-06 at my current job. And I normally love it (temporarily ignoring the occasional SC) but it doesn't pay well......it would have been a fun anniversary to celebrate - I might stay on though part-time depending upon what other job I find, I love it that much.

Comment

Kinda

One of my best friends once had an apartment at 4444 Frances #4 and had a number of xxx-4444.

May the FOURS be with you!
                    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Working...
                    X