Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hate kids who pay with crumpled up dollar bills and change?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Enjis View Post
    The only thing worse than crumpled up money is money pulled out of a bra. Wet money pulled out of a bra. After much rooting around.
    Argh.
    I thought *I* was the only one who'd had a SC that did this.

I don't mind if kids pay in change, but I *really* hate it if the kid looks to have dirty/disgusting hands and/or has an obvious *cold*. Touch your nasty plague-contaminated stuff and risk catching something myself? No thanks. Hand sanitizer, say what one will but I'm thankful it exists.
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
      I thought *I* was the only one who'd had a SC that did this.

I don't mind if kids pay in change, but I *really* hate it if the kid looks to have dirty/disgusting hands and/or has an obvious *cold*. Touch your nasty plague-contaminated stuff and risk catching something myself? No thanks. Hand sanitizer, say what one will but I'm thankful it exists.
      I bet you just love it when people sneeze or cough on the money or the card right as they are about to hand payment over to you. They probably don't even care that you get sick because of them. They probably are sick themselves and should stay at home and rest. And kids are just magnets for germs. So when they hand you a bunch of change, where do you think that change has been? Yeah, I am thinking the same thing too.
      One time a customer did that when she was about to give me cash, and I backed up, carefully grabbed the money by the tip of the edge, and completed the transaction. Thank God there was no line, because right after she left, I went and thoroughly washed my hands.
      Also how many people cough or sneeze in your direction and then say "Its just allergies"? Um, ok guess what, you are still sneezing or coughing in my direction, you are still spreading germs. Its not like the germs are saying "Let's not get this person standing over here sick because we are this lady's germs". They're germs for crying out loud! Their purpose is to make as many people as they can sick.

Comment

Even if I put a bill in my pocket I will fold it neatly first so that it does not crumble. I also, upon pulling a bill out for a cashier, not only unfold and straighten it, but crease it down the middle along the length of the bill so that it is rigid and easily put in the till. >.>

But then, cashiers are comrades in arms. I must do all I can for them as they are still in the trenches while I am obviously free if I'm in front of them.

Comment

Ohhhhh the times I've seen this at the c-store! I've seen bills folded in tiny squares, which was tedious enough! What I hate though, is when the bills are in absolutely BALLS of crumpled paper! ERGH! WHY?? I do get a laugh, though, out of the ones that apologize when their bill is just the slightest bit crumpled. I usually smile and tell them that I've seen a lot worse, because, honestly, I have! Also, change...WHY? I'll buy stuff with quarters, but not more than $2 to $5 worth at a time! It's always the dirtiest change the SC's can find in their pocket/car/wherever that they give you, too! Blech!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            ...and I'm sure that guy bitched that you "had to take it" since it was legal tender
            Oh yes. -.- Luckily, my manager backed me up and said that we couldn't take the bag as it was, and that the coinstar over the road would turn it into a voucher, which we could take. He grudgingly agreed in the end.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ah yes, the small change payers. I once had a lady with two kids do this to me while I was on an express lane. They bought bought $7 watches and then dumped out a ziploc of change on the counter and stared at me. She did at least count it, but then got mad when I double counted it, and even madder when I kept losing count and having to start over. Maybe if she hadn't constantly been trying to get my attention by saying "Oh don't worry, it's all there. It should be there. That should be $x.xx. Or maybe it's X.xx" STFU and let me count!
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
              X