This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv made another customer cry!

Woman comes into the swamp today, finds me, wants to buy a organizer cart. It just so happens to be the same one described here. (Not pictured and no link to keep my ass out of a sling.)

This cart happened to be a Black Friday doorbuster and also was on sale yesterday, and as such it is totally gone, except for an assembled display, which we are required to have per the planogram, and this is about the fourth display we've had to build of the thing.

So I have to tell her we don't have the cart in stock and can't sell her the display. This becomes the woman's cue to whine about how far she drove to get this cart, and she really wants it, and it really sucks she can't have the display, and....are them tears rolling down her cheeks? Why yes, they are!

I tell her we can give her a raincheck for the cart, or call other stores to have it transferred maybe, but she snivels that won't be necessary and walks off.

First off: if you're driven to tears over the deprivation of some crappy metal-and-plastic storage cart, you need Prozac and lots of it. Second, if you're not willing to wait for the cart to come in again when you'd be guaranteed one, and at the sale price, or wait for it to be transferred from another store to our store Just For You, or go to a different store to pick it up yourself, then you don't want it badly enough to start crying over it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Way to go Irv!!!

Comment

Yay! I have so much envy Irv... you get to actually make customers cry. I want this power!
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
        Yay! I have so much envy Irv... you get to actually make customers cry. I want this power!
        Disemboweling puppies in front of their face works well. ahh geez, did I say that or just think it? Look! Shiny thing!

Ummm...just tell them they're stupid, ugly, have no friends, smell like cabbage, and can't maintain an erection. Or are flat chested.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Disemboweling puppies in front of their face works well. ahh geez, did I say that or just think it? Look! Shiny thing!

Ummm...just tell them they're stupid, ugly, have no friends, smell like cabbage, and can't maintain an erection. Or are flat chested.

I can so do this outside of work... but inside is trickier. It's hard to read the cues when I'm on the phone with them instead of face to face. Much easier to destroy them when I can see the reactions as I keep myself calm and polite as they disintegrate when I don't give into their demands.

Yes, I used to do retail before I worked for medicaid... how did you guess?
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Note to Self: Do not tick Irv off. He's mean.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Mommy, that ugly girl over there with her dress pulled up over her head was being mean to me!

Meh, I do what I can, short of a

Comment

Irv, how did those tears taste? I bet you could make a lot of money selling SC tears in a bottle.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Disemboweling other sucky customers in front of their face works well. ahh geez, did I say that or just think it? Look! Shiny thing!
                  Edited for fun. sick sick fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X