This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*whistles*

Reminds me of the boy painting himself silver with acrylic paint at the cosplay chess pre-meet at con this year. Surprise surprise, he didn't show up at the game and we had to fill in his role.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      There was also some historical information about the lead-based white face paint used in feudal Japan that harmed thousands of women and children during the height of that fashion rage.
      lead-white face paints were also used in Europe in the whole era from Renaissance to Victorian - probably all the way up until it was discovered to be dangerous.

Belladonna (deadly nightshade) was used to widen the eyes.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

We had a student at school who was doing a major project based upon graffiti. He brought in several cans of spray paint to finish off his work. The only condition we had was that he used the spray paint outside so there were no fumes inside the school. Our backs were turned for about a minute, and we didn't notice that his friend had gone outside to "help him"

His friend returns to the classroom with lime green hands. We refused to let him leave the classroom for lunch until his hands were clean. He scrubbed, and scrubbed and scrubbed, but the paint would not come off. We called a cleaner up to the room to see if she had any spirits that could remove it. She entered the classroom, and said "Please remove the green gloves so I can see the damage"

He hasn't wearing any gloves.

Spray paint was banned after that.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          You meanie head...you beat me to the James Bond Goldfinger reference.
          Mmm hmmm.....as I recall from the film, the customer would have been lucky if she'd been able to do anything ever again, let alone return paint to a store.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

His friend returns to the classroom with lime green hands.
            at least his nose and mouth were not green cos that's the first thing i thought of... that maybe he "helped" by trying to huff...

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              Mmm hmmm.....as I recall from the film, the customer would have been lucky if she'd been able to do anything ever again, let alone return paint to a store.
              Well, the film wasn't quite scientifically accurate. It won't happen the way it did in the film, but you could die from spray-painting yourself.
              As long as a person can breathe through his mouth and/or nose, he will not die of asphyxiation, no matter how much of his body is covered with paint (or any other substance). This isn't to say painting yourself isn't unsafe, however -- clogging all your pores prevents you from perspiring and could eventually cause you to die from overheating, and toxic substances found in paint could contribute to your demise if you stay in a painted state too long.
              I didn't know all the properties of spray paint or the possibilities that could happen (looked it up after the fact), but I did know that you don't put chemicals on your skin that aren't meant to be put on your skin (like lotions or makeup). I was thinking of chemical burns or allergic reactions.
              Last edited by XCashier; 12-01-2010, 12:31 PM.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                Quoth Panacea View Post
                Spray paint can be very dangerous. The fume can alter your mental status and cause brain damage.
                Too late.
                Words out of my mouth.
                FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

She probably had no idea that theatrical face/body paint even exists. "Paint is paint."

The cans probably include some kind of warning on them, but we all know customers don't read...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    She probably had no idea that theatrical face/body paint even exists. "Paint is paint."

The cans probably include some kind of warning on them, but we all know customers don't read...
                    Unless it has the word "Free" in it.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

yesssssssssssss!

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                      Was her name Jill Masterson?

Mike
                      i get it! --I-- get it! hehehehehe do i get some cookies? or at least some radioactive gold bars????

Comment

Working...
                      X