This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Celebrity SC

I'd almost forgotten about this one, it was back when we had taken over a restaurant in a hotel that a friend managed. It had no management at the time and was only a short time deal.

We closed between lunch and dinner. The waitress on that day had gone home as had her husband chef. The hotel was next to some venue that held everything from shows to confrences. That night it was Steve Allen. He and his entourage of 3 (staying at the hotel) asked if there was any way they could get something to eat. The guy who asked was very nice and I asked my husband who was in the kitchen who said sure, he could whip something up.

They ordered a simple lunch, in fact all Allen ordered were potato skins (yuck). Then he asked if he could use my phone. Lunch arrived and he ended up back on the phone shortly after. I came back to make sure everything was ok, see if they needed refills, etc and nice entourage guy asked me if I would take Allens plate in and re-heat it for him. I said sure, and not only did we re-heat it, my husband was nice enough to add more of the toppings he had already eaten.
    Unfortunately he was off the phone and waiting when I brought it out to him and while I can't remember exactly what his comment was, it wasn't thankful. Nice entourage guy said, "I'm sure it was cold Steve". I looked at the guy who asked me and said something along the lines of 'no problem' and that we had even added toppings to it so that it wasn't just re-heated skins. Ask if there was anything else and went to get their check, completely ignoring his highness.

Later that night, it was raining and he was sitting alone in the lobby waiting for his car to come around to pick him up under the canopy so he wouldn't have to walk across the street in the rain. He looked very sad. The restaurant was slow so I walked over and asked him if he wanted a cup of coffee to go while he was waiting for his car. This time he was nicer and simply said, "no thanks".

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

How exactly was he a sucky customer? He probably just wanted to know whats up, with his food. But I don't know, I was not there.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It was his comment. I can't remember word for word, but he was basically criticizing me for taking it away when I was only doing what I had been asked to do by his guy. (and did him a favor on top of it)
      Sorry I didn't explain it well enough. He just was not nice at all.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

This has a shape to it of handler doing something wrong, then trying to pass it off as someone else's fault.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Ohh I didn't read that part, sorry about that.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
            This has a shape to it of handler doing something wrong, then trying to pass it off as someone else's fault.
            Nope. I let them in after closing (doing them a favor) his guy asked me to re-heat his food, we added more of the toppings he'd ordered so it would still taste right for just re-heating, he made a critical comment about taking his plate away when his guy had asked me to do it.
            Plain and simple: he made me feel like shit for doing him a favor I was asked to do.

~Clerks

Comment

I don't think rvdammit was placing the blame on you, he was blaming the numbnut assistant who told you to reheat the potatoskins without Mr. Allen's knowledge, and then proceeding to NOT stand up for you when Mr. Allen expressed his displeasure of lack of potato skins for a nanosecond.

Comment

Working...
              X