Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've posted these before, but they bear repeating here.

"What kind of fish is the Key West Grouper?"
    "Um....grouper....."

"How long is the Seven Mile Bridge?"

(on a glass bottomed boat)
    "Where's the glass bottom?"

"How far apart are the Mile Markers?"

"How many times a day do you have the Sunset Celebration?"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
      "What's the difference?"
      Medium is 20 oz, large is 32 oz. (Or whatever your sizes are)

Comment

"What's the difference between the burger and the burger delux?" Or, "What makes the delux burger delux?"

Nothing. It's just a name, okay? We don't even have this non-delux burger to which you're referring. We have no non-delux burgers. They're all delux. All of them. Lord, it seems like such an innocent question but then I hear it twenty times a day.

And no, it doesn't come with fries. It's á la carte. Like the sign says. "What does 'á la carte' mean?" Lord.

Oh well, I have it easy compared to y'all. I just been vexed lately.
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

This one from yesterday astounded me. I had one man come in looking for some cables. He was very specific about what cables he needed, and he used the technical terms for them (like RJ-11) instead of the common terms (like phone cord). Once I helped him locate the cables he needed, we had this exchange:

SC: I also need a hard drive.
          Me: Okay. Desktop or laptop?
          SC: What's the difference?
          Me: *blink* Desktop hard drives are for desktop computers, laptop hard drives are for laptop computers.
          SC: Oh. I think it's a desktop.
          Me: Is your computer small and portable, or does it just sit at your desk?
          SC: Oh, right! It's a desktop, then.
          Me: Then you need a desktop hard drive.
          SC: (In all seriousness) Wow. These computer manufacturers sure like to make things complicated, don't they?
          Me: (Attempting to restrain my laughter) Yup. Just enough to confuse everybody.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Ugh, I get that question asked every event I work. Commonly dealing with parking passes and VIP.

Parking passes:

"Can I get in here with this pass?" Shows me a regular parking pass and he's trying to get into VIP.
            "No, that just pays for the parking fee at the drive. You need a VIP pass to get in."
            "What's the difference?"
            over and over for the night.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ISellCars View Post
              SC: So what's the difference? Why are they priced the same?
              Huh? What the . . .?

Oh boy, please don't tell me these people are breeding!!

So what's the difference? About three shades . . .

Why are they priced the same? Because you're an idiot.
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Back at the cookie stand I used to work for...

Customer: "What's the difference between Chocolate Chocolate Chip and Triple Chocolate Chip?"
                Me: *pauses, and looks first down at the cookie display between herself and the customer, then at the customer again, wondering if this is actually happening* "One chocolate."
                Customer: "Oh."

As if the name didn't make it obvious enough (chocolate cookies with either one or two types of chocolate chips) the extra chocolate in the Triple Chocolate Chip was, and I imagine still is, WHITE chocolate chips; easily visible from the very dark brown of the cookies themselves and just as easily distinguished from the regular chocolate chips.

At least she didn't continue asking or anything...

Comment

I used to hate it when people would ask me what the difference was between two differently-priced items.

As in "What's the difference between this toaster (priced at $12.99) and this toaster (priced at $15.99)?"

Me: 3 bucks

Seriously. They're toasters. You put bread in them, you push down the lever, and after a little while toast pops up. There's no real difference between them, unless you are talking about the KitchenAid toaster that is ridiculously overpriced. We don't get any training on all the bells and whistles our appliances have, and what makes them different from others.

Also, do not be cute and ask me where the bread goes when the toast pops up, as one buttweed did.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My favirote from the deli

SC: I'll have half a pound of that chicken breast on sale
                    me: that comes in buffalo bbq or regular
                    SC: What's the difference

Comment

Working...
                    X