This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
    Holy smokin', that's like forgetting one's home phone number.
    Yes, well, when putting in a special order for whatever-it-is-that-we're-out-of-stock-on, I've had people get confused and have a hard time answering the following question:

"What is your name?"
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

F0K 4M3 (Fook for me)

N3K 1D1 (Naked one)

G4Y 8O1 (Gay boy)

I4N 1K8 (I fornicate)

A5S 0L3 (Asshole)

M1S 7R5 (Mistress, we know where all the dominatri live!)

B0O 8Y5 (Boobies)

H0K 3R5 (Hookers)

M0R 0N5 (Morons, maybe that's where all these guys are calling you from?)

I1D 1O7 (I idiot, yet another potential locale)

N8R 3D2 (Inbred, too)

Dear God, I'd hate to live in Canada. The possibilities are scary.

I also have too much time on my hands.
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

you are the consistently funniest poster on here, please let your life never stop being hell.

Comment

zzapp, those were pretty funny!

I think in terms of Canadian postal codes, Saskatchewan (as per usual) is different. I'm pretty sure that almost all rural towns in Southern Saskatchewan still have the same postal code (S0C 1Y0, if anyone cares)

More amusingly, Canadian postal codes are so specific that if you're sending something to a small town, you can get away with putting the person's name, town and postal code on it and it will still get to them! I spaced one time adressing an envelope to my grandparents and only put their names, town, postal code, and 'CANADA' on it. They still got it- and I was sending it from Thailand!
          Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

Epic? no, this week goes straight to Legendary status.

(World of Warcraft geeks will get this one )
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post

"So, you live in Sewerview Manor? How's that working out?"
              hehehe...Sewerview Manor...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Jpurple View Post
                More amusingly, Canadian postal codes are so specific that if you're sending something to a small town, you can get away with putting the person's name, town and postal code on it and it will still get to them! I spaced one time adressing an envelope to my grandparents and only put their names, town, postal code, and 'CANADA' on it. They still got it- and I was sending it from Thailand!
                My wife likes to tell me of the people in Salt Lake who addressed an envelope to "<Name>, Canada", and got it delivered properly.

Comment

Canadian here!

Yes, the postal codes are confusing, but not that bad. However, they do tend to change with every couple of streets. I lived in a small town growing up and there were 5 postal codes, each one staring with L0S. What amuses me most though, is that the postal code for one half of the university I go to is different from the other half of the university (different buildings have different postal codes).

Oh, and if I forget a postal code when I'm mailing things, it always manages to get there just fine without one. Never tried just putting down name, city and canada though!

Comment

Holy tapdancing moses on buttered toast...

Oh so funny, but I feel for you at the same time. I'm gonna go off somewhere and brainspasm because of these people now.
                    *~Seeress~*
                    My MySpace
                    Ours is not a lost generation...we know exactly where we are. We just have no idea how fast we're going!

Comment

Canadian postal codes are by street? Whoa! That's alot of codes per town.

Glad there's only 4 for Rapid - west of the gap 57702, east of the gap 57701, Post Office 57709 and Rapid Valley 57703.
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                        Canadian postal codes are by street? Whoa! That's alot of codes per town.

Glad there's only 4 for Rapid - west of the gap 57702, east of the gap 57701, Post Office 57709 and Rapid Valley 57703.
                        The thing with Canadian postal codes, is, there's a system to how they go.
                        I believe all of Alberta starts with a T. The further down the code you get, the more specific it becomes.

There's a very bad side to this though. Some companies will do surveys, or you'll be signing up for something that is supposed to be anonymous, and they want your postal code. Suddenly, they've got you narrowed down to probably a couple hundred people, instead of the thousands (or more) in your city/area. For that reason, I really hate it when anything asks for my postal code.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
                          Holy smokin', that's like forgetting one's home phone number.

I've moved at lesat once per year for the past seven years. I still need to use my cellphone to remember my home phone number, though I Finally got my Postal code down. My cell I now have memorized.

I still only know the first six of nine digits of my SSN. Just can't get those last three.
                          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Heh, I can't remember my own postal code. Or my phone number, a lot of the time.

Yet somehow I managed to acquire 12 years of post-secondary education...

This is life with ADHD - the brain is either in overdrive, or crumpled in a smoking wreck, with not a lot in between.

Oh yeah, 15 years of retail probably did not help

Comment

Postal codes aren't necessarily by street. There are whole towns who share postal codes in rural areas. In large urban areas, however, the are by area (not by street). So you can live next door to someone or across the street from someone who will have a different postal code. The first letter denotes the province (beginning with A in Newfoundland/Labrador and ending with V in British Columbia) and no, not all letters of the alphabet are used. For instance, the only postal codes that begin with vowels are in the A area Each digit after the first letter serves to further narrow down where you live. There's a big map you can sometimes see at real post offices (not the little storefront kiosks in the mall or inside other stores) that will show the breakdown.
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X