This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Of The SCs!

I had a very early (6 AM) and very long (it was grocery truck day) day today at the c-store. I started out on our first register, but once the person scheduled for day shift was in, I was moved to 2nd register. Then, once truck came, I was assigned to put away frozen goods. In between doing my appointed task, I waited on customers if the line got too big. I was barely on the register at all, but every time I was, someone was grumbling about one thing or another! Why me? Two SC's that stood out, for your viewing (dis)pleasure:

It's NOT Funny!
    I'm ringing people up when two teenage boys come in. We'll call them SC and SCF (Sc's Friend). SC is paying for both of them--with quarters. Cue the following convo.

SCF: Man, why do you always pay in quarters?
    SC: **counting quarters, laughing** Cuz it's funny!
    ME: **death glare** You ever worked on this side of the counter?
    SC: No, and I don't ever plan to, cuz it's funny!
    ME: **death glare the rest of the time I ring him up, thinking things that I dare not say at the risk of losing my job over some teenage punk**
    SC and SCF left, and I turned to my coworker, L, on the first register and relayed the conversation to her, as she'd been busy and only heard bits of it. My conclusion: Some people should be FORCED to work behind a cash register for a while, just to see how hard it is dealing with assholes like themselves!

Go Change It Yourself!!
    Later, I'm ringing customers up again, and this...ehm...non-gentleman came to my register. He had a 30 cent package of crackers, so I rang that up.
    ME: Can I get you anything else today?
    SC: Yeah, I'd like my receipt. I guess pay at the pump isn't pay at the pump anymore!
    ME: **bites tongue to keep from making a smartass comment back** ALright, which pump were you on?
    SC: Um...uh...I dunno...Probably 1? No...Probably 5.
    ME: **reprints receipt** There you are. You just happened to pull up to the one pump (out of eight, folks) that's out of paper. Sorry about that.
    SC: **gruffly** Well get out there and get some paper in it!
    ME: **as sweetly as I possibly can** Well I'm sorry. I'll be sure and tell my manager to do so. I can't do it myself.
    SC: **catbutt face, pays and leaves**
    L: **looks at me after he leaves** There've been some real assholes in here today.
    ME: And I've had all of them! Why me> What'd I do???

My manager's reasoning was that it's the holiday season, and people are rude this time of year. Whatever the reasoning, I was beyond happy to get out of there today! I only wish I didn't have to go back tomorrow! Ugh!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go lay down and take a nap while I wait for my Excedrin to kick in and kill the headache I have!
    Last edited by BrenDAnn; 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Sorry you had to wake up to such bitches today.

I'm glad you came back with "ME: **death glare** You ever worked on this side of the counter?"

I hope their karma comes back to bite them in the ass, and sticks a pole where the sun don't shine, while she's at it.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
      SC: It's what I get paid in. You try being hoard for quarters.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I hope their karma comes back to bite them in the ass, and sticks a pole where the sun don't shine, while she's at it.
        may it bite them AND their parents for raising such annoying little twatcakes. quarters aren't too bad for a smaller purchase, but for one over $5, it's annoying. that's when i'd count them ever so slowly, then 'lose count' if either jackass interrupts me; if they complain, just say you want to be sure they paid in full.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I believe the total was something like $5.16. Either way, annoying, entitled teenage brats! I had been there since 6, like I said. It was nearly noon when that happened. I wasn't about to take their shit, but I do know how far I can go & still keep my job!

Comment

ok... I have to say they weren't both sucky - the one SCF, did ask his friend, Why?, it may even annoy the friend, esp if they've gotten held up and ran late to something b/c of the 1st penchant for paying w/ qtrs - but i will agree its a PAIN - i try to swap out mine for cash when i can.
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Personally, I would have said 'wow, that's almost exactly what the 3 year old told me when I asked why he always paid in quarters. He said counting quarters is fun.' You haven't insulted him. you just commented on a prior customer. But his friend will use that 'you're such a 3 year old' for weeks against the sc. sometimes a subtle vicious revenge is sweeter.

Comment

Teskeria, great line there! Thanks! Treasure, I agree that SCF wasn't sucky. He was merely a supporting role in the story. Honestly, I was just biting my tongue to keep from going off on him about how NOT funny it was! Grrr!!!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                  SC: **counting quarters, laughing** Cuz it's funny!
                  Ohhh, kiddo, you just wait. You just wait. You little twit, your first job will be in customer service, and you'll have to deal with assholes who treat you just the way you treated the OP. Every. Damned. Day. Then you'll see just how "funny" your immature idiot teenage boy pranks are!

Karma's gonna have a field day with this little fool.
                  Last edited by XCashier; 12-07-2010, 04:26 AM. Reason: clarified grammar
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't understand what the big deal was for that guy to get his receipt inside since he came in to buy a snack anyway.

Comment

XCashier, I truly hope you're right. He deserves it.
                      RxBoy, I don't know either, but he was a total dick about it. **shakes head** EW much?

Comment

Honestly, it's kinda annoying when things are broken and you don't find out until after you are done pumping. Or maybe he had a nutritional imbalance and needed some food before his brain could function properly.

I would usually make exceptions for quarters, but anyone else with more than a dollar in change would get pointed to the CoinStar because it gets paid to count coins.
                        Last edited by Raveni; 12-07-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

no matter what job i've worked and they've been many and varied, i can usually get co-workers to agree that once a month, at random and without penalty, one SC should be beheaded and the head placed on a pike with a 'sucky customer' sign around the neck stump outside the store as a warning to others. the SC sightings would plummet!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                            How come no one else's said it yet?

The best laid plans...
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                            X