This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange admissions & confusing "logic"

Customer: Hi, this is Mrs. Jones. I’m high. (yes, she really said that)

Customer: I went to see “your lady” and she said she didn’t know anything about no discount so I had to go all the way back home and dig in my trash.

Customer: My box doesn’t work. If it doesn’t work one more time, I’m just going to throw it out! (Oh yeah, that makes sense)

(I swear my response to this guy was just an automatic response. I wasn't saying it to be snide, but it sounds like I was...HA!)
    Customer: All right now, Emilie, if you don’t watch out, I’ll have your job!
    Me: You can have it, sir!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
    Customer: Hi, this is Mrs. Jones. I’m high. (yes, she really said that)

You didn't ask if she was willing to share?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

(I swear my response to this guy was just an automatic response. I wasn't saying it to be snide, but it sounds like I was...HA!)
      Customer: All right now, Emilie, if you don’t watch out, I’ll have your job!
      Me: You can have it, sir!
      This is exactly what I say when SCs say that to me. I may also add: "...That way, you'll know what it's like to deal with people like you." But only if they really pissed me off.
      But the last time I said it, it was jokingly, with a regular customer, and I said "You can have it! Here's the keys, I'll be at the bar down the street."
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
        This is exactly what I say when SCs say that to me.
        But the last time I said it, it was jokingly, with a regular customer, and I said "You can have it! Here's the keys, I'll be at the bar down the street."
        Indeed, I wasn't trying to be mean, just trying to get a laugh. I think I did.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Customer: My box doesn’t work. If it doesn’t work one more time, I’m just going to throw it out! (Oh yeah, that makes sense)
          Actually, I can sympathize a little bit with this person. I'm at that stage right now with my (DLink) router. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it will work for 10 minutes before crapping out and needing to be restarted (usually when I'm playing WoW ) and yesterday, it wouldn't work at all in the afternoon. I went upstairs, looked at it, and tried it again. Stupid pile of crap worked perfectly.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            Actually, I can sympathize a little bit with this person. I'm at that stage right now with my (DLink) router. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it will work for 10 minutes before crapping out and needing to be restarted (usually when I'm playing WoW ) and yesterday, it wouldn't work at all in the afternoon. I went upstairs, looked at it, and tried it again. Stupid pile of crap worked perfectly.
            Two days ago I had a lady call out to me while I was working on another issue accross the room. It seems her monitor was going yellow on her. I looked and it was ok. I went back to work. She calls to me again. Again, I look, and it's fixed. Repeat several times.

I offered to get her a picture of me to set next to it.

Of course, the monitor died the next day.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X