This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye scammer

I was in the inbox today. This thread went on for about 10 emails. Short version:

Scammer writes in saying the account is suspended.

I write back saying the reason the account is suspended is because said person is using the free account that only allows a certain number of contacts (like many, many email providers) to send the email to themself and then forwarding it en masse to their list. This is causing many failed unsubscribe attempts.

Scammer writes back saying they can't afford the paid service and this is somehow easier for them.

I explain (nicely) the effect of spam complaints and the necessity of a working unsubscribe link and that I'd be happy to unsuspend said person if they'd just send the emails through us rather than forwarding.

Scammer found the caps lock key to inform me yet again they couldn't afford the paid service and it's somehow none of my business how they use the free one - then remembered to say please when asking me to unsuspend the account.

CW/2nd in command on support jumps in bc she has had enough. Tells Scammer that they're violating our TOS, abusing the system and the support staff and that Scammer is now locked out of their account and no longer allowed to use the system.

Scammer threatens to take business elsewhere, somehow missing the fact that we've already kicked them off. Drops this gem: "So much for free". Tells us we are a bad company and threatens to tell all their friends not to use us.

(woohoo! Take your EW friends elsewhere!)

CW writes back that free accounts still have to abide by the TOS.

Scammer writes back declaring they don't need us and that they somehow managed to cancel the account despite the fact that we had already done so for them.

Supervisor drops an internal note on the thread to ignore the idiot.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

As the Gord once said, "Why do they always threaten to not give me business AFTER I tell them I do not want theirs?"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

OK, so she's taking her free business elsewhere?

How ever will you survive?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

oy ve. LOL this tickles my funny bone. :P Alls well that ends well
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          OK, so she's taking her free business elsewhere?
          They probably are related to that SC of mine who wanted a refund for his free trial...
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
          X