This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is that my fault?

The other night I was doing Uscan when all of a sudden this older-middle aged woman walks up to me. She angerly says "You better do something about that door! It almost hit me in the head!" I tell her that she should tell the people at the customer service counter. Instead of just going there or saying something like OK thank you, she asks "Well aren't you going to do anything about it?" like I'm the owner of the store or something. I tell her that there's not really anything I can do I'm just a cashier. She says "Well if the door hits me and I break my neck then it will be your problem" So I tell her again to tell customer service because I'm just a cashier and I can't really do anything. She says "well now I have to go over there and tell this same story!" and finally leaves. Shouldn't have went to me in the first place... go to customer service or find a manager.

"Well if the door hits me and I break my neck then it will be your problem"

"No, it will be my pleasure."

Comment

You know, if we had control over everything stupid SC's like her think we do, we'd be able to control the entire world! Why, we could keep all the prices low, make sure doors don't hit people, make sure it's never too cold or too hot, make sure there are never lines at the checkouts...You all get my drift. Perhaps we should all wear buttons that say in big, neon text "IT'S NOT MY FAULT" or something...Not that SC's read, but, you know...There's a very slim chance...
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
        Perhaps we should all wear buttons that say in big, neon text "IT'S NOT MY FAULT" or something...
        With pictures of Han Solo....
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

In her defense, cashiers/stockmen/greeters/managers/etc are the face of the store. She expected you to bring her concerns to management's attention. After all, if she had been injured, you likely would've contacted the customer service desk and management yourself. You wouldn't have made her drag her injured and bloody self around the store in search of the few store employees willing to help her.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I wasn't aware that cashiers were there to guide people to the customer service desk a few steps away, and then tell the customer's story for them.

Comment

This is just me, but I would have said "one moment, let me get a manager here for you" and then paged the manager.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                In her defense, cashiers/stockmen/greeters/managers/etc are the face of the store.
                I agree, they are, but then again, I'm guessing that once the face of the store says that something is a business that the HANDS of the store can, should and will take care of it is only reasonable to go where directed...
                FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Rule #1 of customer logic: EVERYTHING is your fault.
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Getting the manager is probably a good idea, but I'm betting that the customer wanted jjc927 to personally go over there immediately and fix the door. I can imagine the conversation:

Cashier: One moment, I'll get the manager for you.
                    Customer: What??? Is that all you're going to do? How will that help? What's the manager going to do?! You should take care of this yourself right away before somebody gets hurt!

Just sayin'.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Just pointing this out. To those not used to u-scan sometimes the u-scan control podium looks like a mini customer service kiosk. I on first experience with it honestly thought it was a separate customer service booth. But then again i was young and clueless. So maybe that was why she told you? That or you were closer and therefore you MUST be able to fix it.

Just a different point of view. When I did work at that podium i got alot of younger people or elderly asking me to do things customer service did and at one point I started thinking how can a podium carry all the equipment needed that customer service does where are the magical doors for this? All i can do is run the u-scan kiosks, give out store cards and MAYBE make change.

Comment

Working...
                      X