Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuse me for picking up your garbage. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me for picking up your garbage. (long)

Hello again, I'm another new guy, set to regail a tale of an SC... if it qualifies calling people that in my job.

I work for the recycling crew of a major university. That involves taking these large plastic bins that are called "Clydes" (for some reason) around the campus, getting into elevators, going into offices and getting the paper, soda cans/bottles, and anything else deemed worthy of being reused, and ultimately dumping it all into large dumpsters for the trucks to take away. Now, I know firsthand that my job is not the best or most pleasant in the world, and the space in the Clydes is usually filled quickly, but most students who attend these universities don't mind my presence too much.

Most of them.

I name, in particular, one lady who I had the unfortunate luck to run into about two weeks ago. I was trying to get on an elevator to go to the top floor, with a Clyde that was just about empty save for a can of soda and a few pieces of paper. Miss Pampered takes one look at me and the Clyde, and immediately heads off the elevator. Already, I'm a little confused, but I could understand not wanting to be in the same space as something like a bin used to haul garbage and old cans around. But as she got off, she turned to me and said:

"I'm sorry, I just can't be on the same elevator with you people. Don't you have a service elevator or something you could use? It's just disgusting."

Yes, "you people." Like the crew was trying to oppress her, or something... maybe I'm overreacting, since my 'customers' are really anyone who uses a recycling bin here, but you'd think she could've held her stomach and her tongue over a few pieces of paper and soda cans... sheesh.
    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Hmm...do you suppose she's the sort who has never worked a day in her life and will only be exposed to the real world when she blasts through her trust fund shortly after graduating and realizes that she needs a job?

[/bitchy BusBus]
    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

She sounds like a snobby b-tch. I was always polite to the sevice people at college because ay my summer job in WM I saw soo many SCs who thought they were better than the people who were working in retail, or food sevice or what have you. Also the peopel doing the workwere more down-to-earth, i related to them more, "you people"(!). I would've knocked that girl silly.

Comment

Damn. How very rude she is. I wonder how she reacts when she has to drive behind a garbage truck in August.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ugh. The type for whom Daddy has provided everything and for whom reality never has been more troublesome than running out of lip gloss when the store is closed.

I went to a university full of her type who thought they knew EVERYTHING and for whom the world had been given on a platinum platter. The sad thing is that few of these types ever are forced to understand what most of the rest of us go through to earn a living.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

That's where the reply of "I wish there was lady, so I don't have to deal with people of your filth." would be a nice response.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oh how I hated...HATED...sharing a university with these morons. They've never paid a bill in their LIFE. Daddy and Mommy bought their car, pay their payment, insurance, all that. They have NEVER laid awake at night wondering if they'll be able to wing another loan to pay off last semester so they can continue their education because Daddy and Mommy pay that bill in full. Their biggest worry is what they're gonna wear when they whore it up for the bars that weekend.

OH yeah. She'll get hers one day. Sharing an elevator with a trash can will be the least of her worries.
              I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Working...
              X