This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudeness masking stupidity

It was nothing for the history books. Just your run of the mill ignorance that they masked with sheer rudeness and/or insistence.

Confused customer who was expecting a parcel at his home and it had not arrived yet. We don't handle outside shipping complaints but he was so insistent and confused and ridiculous that we didn't really have any choice... Usually I just give them the 1800 number and tell them to fuck off. But...

I look up the tracking number. "It's been delivered."

"No...."

"Yes.. To Mississauga. Signed by Mark."

"Who's Mark?"

"I haven't the foggiest idea sir."

"Where in Mississauga?"

"I don't know sir. This isn't really anything we can help you with. You need to contact the shipper."

"But who's Mark?"

"I don't know sir."

and it went like this for a few minutes arguing with me about Mark and Mississauga before my boss stepped in and started doing the same dance before he gave up and told him to contact the shipper and we couldn't help him.

Customer 2 the boss dealt with and I had to do everything in my power to not piss myself laughing. She was trying to ship something to Iran, but had no names, no complete addresses or postal codes and pretty much as far as I could tell had no clue period. She's yipping at my boss and my boss is STRUGGLING to keep his cool because this woman is clearly not all there. Especially when she fills out all the information and then starts yelling at my boss that after he'd taken the forms and entered them into the computer that everything was wrong. Not to mention she starts bitching that he's doing it all wrong and she's going to be late for work and it's all his fault.

Then there was the stupid woman who phoned to find out how much a parcel to Winnipeg would be except... She didn't have the size or weight of the parcel nor the postal code.

"Well can't you just look one up!?"

Can't you get your shit together before you fucking phone me with attitude?

"I suppose so m'am. One moment." I google a postal code and enter it into our software. Then enter in her supposed out of her ass weight and dimensions of her parcel.

"Well it's a duvet... How much do you think it weighs? How big do you think it is? Do you think you can ship something that big?"

"M'am our boxes are as large as 36 squared..."

"Okay 36 squared then..." She snarks at me as if I'm wasting HER time. That's a big fucking duvet lady...

"and an approximate weight ma'm?"

"Oh I dunno... 11 lbs?"

and for some reason I punched in 100lbs. LOL and didn't notice until after i told her the price and she hit the roof.

"TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!" Then she goes off on a rant about how when SHE used to ship with the carrier with her company it was NEVER THAT MUCH and how she only ever paid $20.

Now to ship something within Toronto it's about 12-20. and that's express packs and documents. She wants to ship a 36 squared box to Winnipeg for $20. Eat me lady...

It's at this point I realize my error and fix the weight. "Well let me see if i can get you a better price. Give me one moment... It'll be $55."

Thinking she'll be happier with saving $150. I pause and wait for her reply. She goes on a rant about the $20 price again and scoffs at me telling me she'll ship with somebody else and hangs up in my ear.

Thanks lady.. :P

I swear too many people think shipping is some kind of magic.

I deal with this stuff all the time too, I feel for you.

Comment

Mystery Man

So, who's Mark?

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
        So, who's Mark?
        Wrong. Just wrong.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
          I swear too many people think shipping is some kind of magic.

I deal with this stuff all the time too, I feel for you.
          Or they think that transporters do indeed exist.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Or they think that transporters do indeed exist.
            "Okay, ma'am, we can have it there within three business days for $55, overnight for a hundred, or instantly via transporter beam for six hundred....You want fast? Pay for it."
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Retail's Bitch View Post
              "Well it's a duvet... How much do you think it weighs? How big do you think it is? Do you think you can ship something that big?"

"M'am our boxes are as large as 36 squared..."

"Okay 36 squared then..." She snarks at me as if I'm wasting HER time. That's a big fucking duvet lady...

"and an approximate weight ma'm?"

"Oh I dunno... 11 lbs?"
              I'm going to need to know the weight and the girth.
              Three!
              Three what?
              Three girth units
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

put it on a plane and shove it out at the location of your choice; maybe mark will get it.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wait, she's shipping something to Iran?? I wonder what?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

. . . or WHO? Maybe it's Mark.

Comment

I'm thinking they missed their Mark (ducks and hides)

sorry!
                      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Mark's not here, man!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                          Mark's not here, man!
                          Neither is Dave.

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                          I'm thinking they missed their Mark (ducks and hides)

sorry!
                          You'll pay for that incredibally lame pun. You Mark my words!
                          Last edited by Mr Hero; 12-11-2010, 07:44 PM.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Mark my words... <g,d&rvvf>

<mutter> Mr. Hero beat me to it... I blame Mark!
                            Last edited by BeeMused; 12-11-2010, 07:46 PM. Reason: Mark did it, not me
                            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

The Mark-ese de Sade....

Comment

Working...
                              X