This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid returns...spineless managers....

I remember working in the Men's Furnishings dept, and having a customer who wanted to return six pairs of navy blue dress socks, all very worn and holey.
    I say we cannot return the items, as they are worn out, and not sellable.
    He actually said 'But, Gold Toe has a lifetime warrenty on their socks! If they wear out, Gold Toe will replace them!"
    Wha....?
    I had been selling Gold Toe socks for years, and no where on the packaging does it say this!
    But, these were the only socks he wore for the last six months, every day ( ) and they are warrentied for LIFE!
    Gah! I said..."But socks WEAR OUT! That's what they DO! They are only made of cotton, after all! They don't last forever, or how would anyone sell more of them??"

He would not budge. "When I got them, it said on the label the Gold Toe warrentied them for LIFE, and i want six new ones!"

Well, there was no way for me to check it (did not have access to the vendor back then...)
    So I called the manager...who told me to give him six new socks.

I was so mad...I still can't believe someone thinks that ANY sock lasts forever.
    For the record...years later, talking to a Gold Toe rep...she had never heard of any such guarentee either...
    "That would be stupid...how would we sell more socks...?"
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
      Stupid returns...spineless managers....

I remember working in the Men's Furnishings dept, and having a customer who wanted to return six pairs of navy blue dress socks, all very worn and holey.
      I say we cannot return the items, as they are worn out, and not sellable.
      He actually said 'But, Gold Toe has a lifetime warrenty on their socks! If they wear out, Gold Toe will replace them!"
      At that point, the onus should have been on the customer to prove that such a warranty was on the packaging. What, threw out the package? Bummer. Sock aisle is to your left.

Comment

seems like our store CS doesnt even look at what there taking back. you know that if you take your jeans to the dry cleaners, they will right you name on one of the inside pockets(at least most do, at least around here)well. we had a jean return that has the guys that returned its name on it. unbelievable #2

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          That's why I suggested Bop-It. Ain't nobody going to want one of those.

ARE YOU SMOKIN' CRACK?!?! BopIt ROCKS! I love that thing. It keeps me amused for hours. Of course, anything that drowns out my kids screaming is good in my book...

Comment

Working...
          X