This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sucky Landlord.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot. If it's still here the next time I am, I'll know. And I apologize in advance for making extra work for the mod or admin who has to relocate it if I was not right.

This happened a long time ago. 1972 to be exact. I was 18 and for nothing better to do in the town of 1,000 I lived in, and considering it was just across the street from me, I joined the local volunteer fire department. This was long before you had to take classes or go through fire training to become a fireman as you do now. The requirements were simple back then. If they had a set of turnout gear that fit you, you were a member.

Anyway, about 6 months after I joined there was a major fire in the neighboring community. We were called out as well as a couple other local departments. We got there to find a large, 4 bedroom, wood-framed house fully engulfed, despite the efforts of the firefighters that had already been fighting it for 10 - 15 minutes before we arrived. It took 5 companies almost an hour to knock down the fire but, unfortunately, we could save absolutely nothing. I saw the family of 6 who, thank God, all managed to get out safely and without injury, standing by one of our trucks. As we were finishing up, rolling hose, replacing ladders and returning tools to our rig, I happened to overhear something that made my blood boil.

The landlord, who I already knew to be a jerk, walks up to the people who had just lost everything they owned, along with a dog, a cat and their car, and says to the father,

"I knew I should have never rented to you young people. You are always destroying other peoples stuff. Don't think you're getting out of paying this month's rent either."

If I had a hose charged at that second, I would have blown him into next week.
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 01-24-2007, 12:02 PM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Dude, claim on your frickin' insurance!! Or were you such an arse you couldn't be bothered to get any?

What a tit of a landlord!!!
    Last edited by SongsOfDragons; 01-24-2007, 11:58 AM. Reason: clearing the unclear
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

south texan

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
      The landlord, who I already knew to be a jerk, walks up to the people who had just lost everything they owned, along with a dog, a cat and their car, and says to the father,

"I knew I should have never rented to you young people. You are always destroying other peoples stuff. Don't think you're getting out of paying this month's rent either."
      I always have believed that there is a special section of hell reserved for his type.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I wonder if didn't set the fire on purpose so he could have an excuse not to rent to them anymore...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          Don't think you're getting out of paying this month's rent either."
          I think at that point I would've said, "What are you gonna do, evict me??"

Comment

On a similar note, didn't the landlord of the World Trade Center try to collect cash from businesses that were displaced on 9/11? Never mind that people died, they were more interested in getting their cash IIRC, most of the survivors told them to "fuck off."
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Hmm. That would be where I'd throw him down, sit on him, stick the end of the hose in his mouth, and start with the John Travolta Face/Off speech. "Say you're sorry." "I'm sorry!" "I didn't hear you." I'm SORRY!" "Mean it." "I'm SO SORRY!!" (It'd be real tempting to just blow out his trachea afterwards anyway, but oh well.)

At least being so long ago, he's either dead and rotting or decripit and in a home drooling on himself by now. The massive stroke brought on by the natural high blood pressure of an asshole surely got him not too long after this.

(Psst, those pick axes are great for guttin'. In case you ever need to know.)
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Hmm... I guess a hell-on-earth like a fire in a home needs its devil.

Seriously, what a jerk.
                "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

Mysty, how do you know? Should I be scared of you
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    Mysty, how do you know? Should I be scared of you
                    I *am* scared of Mysty. I adore her, but I'm scared of her.

(Of course, I just use the pickax for clandestine graves, myself . . .)

Comment

If I had a hose charged at that second, I would have blown him into next week.
                      Hey Mister Landlord, your house burned down, but you're still a lucky lucky boy. You know why? "Cause you get to drink from...THE FIRE HOSE!

Open wide!

BAM!

I'm scared that you know that
                      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm not THAT scary! I live in the south. We hunt. Well, my friends, I mostly watch. My dad has a wide variety of tools that I get to play with...sledgehammer, pick, etc. Except the saw...they won't let me touch the saw. But I did chop down a six-inch wide tree with nothing but a machete once. I named it Vince and after that, it was easy. (wrestling joke)
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                        X