This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people returning items

we, as customers, would return items for refund or exchange at some point.
    and we know at times people take advantage of stores' returning policies.
    i was doing grocery shopping, and during check out there was a woman insisted to return a can of tomato paste she bought 2 weeks ago because she didnt need it anymore.
    according to her. she bought 6 cans when the supermarket had them on sale. like... 20 cents each.
    I dont get this.... 20 cents.... a lousy 20 cents. and she wanted to return for a refund.... absurd..... she held the check out line for 20 mins for 20 cents....

another time saw another woman was returning the meat she bought to the supermarket. because she didnt need the meat anymore. barbaque was over. they didnt finish the food....
    I dont see the point of returning the food... since you can keep it and use it later days.... im sure she can cook those for dinner, lunch, or... anytime for any reason... stupid

i think returning things people bought back to the store its getting absurd.
    half ate pizza
    clothes were bought because there was a party to go
    half a bottle of soda
    melted ice cream (the stupid customer's fault because she left it inside the car)
    magazines (non of the articles were interesting)
    just to name a few

Did the SC's actually get to return those?

I had one once who wanted to return a half eaten box of cookies because they tasted "funny" to her. The full amount she paid for them? One dollar. My manager told her no.

Comment

She probably spent more than 20 cents on the gas to get to the store.

Some people.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've always thought returning food (except in cases of spoilage or damage) is just gross.
        I don't want to buy food that someone else bought and returned.
        Eww.
        Even if it's still wrapped and seemingly okay, the paranoid in me just can't handle that.
        I think it's some of that residual Tylenol-tampering from way back when still floating around in the shadows of my brain.
        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
          I've always thought returning food (except in cases of spoilage or damage) is just gross.
          I don't want to buy food that someone else bought and returned.
          <snip>
          Even if it's still wrapped and seemingly okay, the paranoid in me just can't handle that.
          At my store, they have HUGE yellow stickers that say "DO NOT RETURN TO STOCK", so they get taken back to the relevant department and thrown out.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't think I've ever returned food to a store...I've returned to the supermarket but it was a non-food item, holiday decoration or something (that I returned before the holiday, thank you very much.

My mom has returned milk that went bad before it should have. And one time she cut literally almost 2 pounds of fat off a roast or something and brought it to the meat department to show them how much unuseable stuff was on it. They refunded her however much that amount of that cut of meat cost. But she wasn't sucky about it.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              At my store, they have HUGE yellow stickers that say "DO NOT RETURN TO STOCK", so they get taken back to the relevant department and thrown out.
              Okay, BeckySunshine, I feel a little better!
              ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

I've returned sour cream that, when I got home and IMMEDIATELY opened it, was brown *eww*.
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I've returned food that was bad before the date, or opened it to find it moldy or fermenting.

The biggest thing I ever returned was a fifty pound bag of dog food. I opened it and found bugs in it.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I've felt like returning food before. Then I remembered how much it cost me. Never worth it.
                    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                      I've felt like returning food before. Then I remembered how much it cost me. Never worth it.
                      Well, the sour cream incident, it was literally the ONLY ingredient I was missing for the stroganoff I was making for dinner, and I live within 2 blocks of the store I bought it at, so I just walked right back over.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                      X