This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUICKIE] Thanks for calling in.

I got to work earlier this week, and I noticed 5 bags of pretzels (of the one-pound nt wt variety each) sitting on the counter. I started putting them back on the shelf when one of my techs told me a customer called to have us hold them for her.

I was a bit perturbed by this because the shelf was empty; we were holding the last of our stock for her. Apparently, the customer was coming by to pick these up at 1:00 PM.

At 3:30, I put them away. Thanks a lot. @#&$%!
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Happens frequently at my store.

You might have been dealing with a comparison shopper--somebody who calls multiple stores asking about the price of something, asks each store to put the item on hold for them (so that they are guaranteed to get one), and then buy the item from the store with the lowest price.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

yeah, possibly.... but PRETZELS??
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Before you restocked them, did you have customers coming up to the counter, asking if you had any of said product available for sale?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Happens frequently at my store.

You might have been dealing with a comparison shopper--somebody who calls multiple stores asking about the price of something, asks each store to put the item on hold for them (so that they are guaranteed to get one), and then buy the item from the store with the lowest price.
          There's a word for that. Actually several.

Lazy.

Inconsiderate.

Rude.

Obnoxious.

Irritating.

Shitty.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I had quite the opposite happen the other day.

We take phone orders for pizzas at my grocery store (we do make a damn good pizza if I say so myself!). However, as with most chains, we have multiple locations in the area.

Two of them - the one I work at, and a brand new one that just opened, are both on the same street, even though the one I work at is in a suburb and the other is actually inside of Dallas. However, my store is about a block north of the Dallas city limits. Occasionally we'll get someone coming in asking to pick up the order they phoned in and we go "we don't have an order under that name" and they go SC on us saying they KNOW they called the only store on Elm St.

That's when I ask them if they called the one on Elm St in Dallas or in <suburb name>. They get confused too and say "there's another one on Elm? I just asked for the one on Elm in Dallas from 411" and I point out that they're not even in the right city. Yeah, good times. (we'll also get the people who phone one in and never show up - probably showing up at the other store)

Comment

Working...
            X