Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's not funny, it's revolting. (gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not funny, it's revolting. (gross)

You know, in a job where you pick up recycling from bins, you find some rather unusual things. I've found diaries, tennis balls, money, food, artwork and even toys. But nothing, and I mean nothing, could possibly make me detest the very students I'm supposed to be doing this for than what happened this morning at work.

I entered a large dorm building where mostly freshman live and proceeded to head to the top floor. The first two floors that I serviced were no trouble, other than the usual stuff I can't take, like pizza boxes and coffee cups (because of food and oil residue on them). And then, on the third floor...

In these bins were, at the very least: diapers, cat litter, menstrual pads, birth control... ALL USED, with just about every form of bodily fluid a human can produce in there somewhere... and that's just what I caught from a few glimpses. I was too disgusted to go into that room for more than three seconds at a time... so I promptly called my boss on a radio I carry, and she told me "not to service that floor." (Like I really needed to be told that.) I had to stop for ten minutes because I kept gagging... eugh. One thing about me is I'm somewhat of a germophobe, so suffice to say, I was more than a little put off. I was half-planning to kick down some doors to find out who the hell would do this. Also ended up telling the front desk when I left, and they assured me they'd do something.

There is no way in HELL something like this is an accident. Someone obviously did this on purpose because they thought it'd be funny to gross out the entire floor, which just makes me even more PO'ed at whoever did it. I'm still seeing red, I'm so PO'ed.
    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

BER-GEWWWWW. >_< DO NOT WANT.

Forserious, that's freakin' nasty. Get the brainbleach. You poor thing. D:
    Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

yeah... nice. What possesses people to think that crap like that is funny??
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        yeah... nice. What possesses people to think that crap like that is funny??
        Seriously. Major health hazard =/= funny.
        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Who the hell is wearing a diaper in an adult dorm? WTF???
          The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
            Who the hell is wearing a diaper in an adult dorm? WTF???
            Some of the residents must have toddlers. Either that or they never conquered toilet training.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Garbage from cans...

You might pick up garbage from cans, but I have to sit here in front of the phones and listen to all the sc's call in about how "incompetent" all trash people in the world seem to be. :-)

Still, though, sucky find. Gross.

Elle
              You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

"I hope you get hit by a bus and beaten by hockey-stick-wieldling pygmies." - IMA

Comment

People who do things like that and think it's funny really and truely distrub me, because to me, that shows a disturbing lack of empathy (how would you like it if someone did that to YOU??) on thier part, and then to think a lack of empathy is funny????

Those people really scare me. Taken to an extreme, that's Psychopathic
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

As someone who used to live in a dorm, what I would guess is a nearby resident needed to throw away their garbage and had no garbage service. They probably saw the dorm was unlocked, and just walked on in. This used to happen a lot at the dorms I lived in. They also had problems with homeless people sleeping in the lounges, so they started locking all doors but the front door that was by the front desk where the door could be monitored.

That's my only thought. But it's still completely nasty and nobody should ever have to see that.
                  I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
                    As someone who used to live in a dorm, what I would guess is a nearby resident needed to throw away their garbage and had no garbage service. They probably saw the dorm was unlocked, and just walked on in.
                    I'm afraid that's not the case. The dorm entrance is locked 24/7, and in addition, it takes an additional key to get into the recycling room... since it's also where people do their laundry. And in addition to THAT, it takes a student ID card to make the elevators work (since they have barcodes on them), and I was on the third floor from the top. I can, therefore, only assume that somebody from the floor did this on purpose.

I went to my boss after my classes were over today, and she said that the floor in question was now pretty much off-limits to the recycling crew. In other words, the bins used to hold the recycling are going to be removed, and the residents were going to have to take all their stuff down themselves, at least until/if they can find out the jerkwad who pulled this lovely little stunt. I feel kind of bad about it now, actually; I didn't wanna make an entire floor of freshmen suffer because of one guy. But, for now, I guess there's only one thing left to do:

Ahhh.
                    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

And the person who did this is supposed to be on his/her way to being an upstanding member of society.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        Those people really scare me. Taken to an extreme, that's Psychopathic
                        Once again, we are going overboard. Yes, what the perpetrator did was inconsiderate, gross, rude, nasty, and beyond normal human decency. But it was not psychopathic. John Wayne Gacy was psychopathic. Charles Manson is psychopathic. This? Is not.

Please note, this is not and should not be considered to be a personal attack in any way on Argabarga. My reaction is more to the general tendency on these boards to ascribe this or that foul action to mental illness or overstate what the problem is. Frankly, I enjoy Argabarga's posts for the most part, and anyone who thinks this is a personal attack can kiss my rum glass. Once I am finished, of course.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

When I was in college my friend was an RA for a dorm of freshmen. Someone kept leaving ziploc baggies full of urine sitting on the bathroom floor in the girls room. He spent months trying to figure out who was doing it. Finally Paul put up a mean but hilarious sign basically saying that whoever was doing this probably needed to see a counselor, because they had more problems than Paul knew how to deal with. Mercifully, after that it stopped. He never did figure out who was doing it.
                          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                          X