• Show
Clear All

Go crazy?
    Don't mind if I do!!
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      And I plan on keeping the trend up if at all possible! :P

We do sell DirecTV and Dish here, so we do get a taste. But not like a cable company help desk employee, I'm sure!
      I'd be the company tech support. For the more straight forward and Direct provider you mentioned there. And I have this to say: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG. So much stupid. from customers. That is all.
      *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Am I the only person ever who likes an old TV that resembles a computer monitor because of the lump behind it (that contains...what? The tube? I don't know)

Much easier to make do with it, than suck up my entire electricity bill budget on a giant TV.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I finally moved up to a flat panel last summer. Costco had one for $300 less than what I had been expecting to pay. But, if something were to happen to it, while I'm waiting for warranty repairs, I have my old 1982-vintage 19" TV that could be pulled into service.

Heck, I could always stream any 'critical' shows off my laptop.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
            Much easier to make do with it, than suck up my entire electricity bill budget on a giant TV.
            First, the "lump" at the back of a CRT monitor is to house the tube.

Second, LCD and now LED TVs use much less energy to run than a CRT. Less than half, in some cases. There's a lot more to the cost of ownership than just the purchase price. I, personally, would never go back to CRT monitors.

An excellent article on the pros and cons of CRT vs LCD

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I contacted our cable company and dropped some channels, added phone, and they dropped the rate on our internet, so I'm paying less now, but with Netflix, I'm thinking of dropping all the premium channels.

Right now, we have a Sony WEGA, a big one, with the flat screen, but that thing rivals Godzilla in weight and size. We can't really afford to get a new TV right now, but with the drop in price of LCDs, I'm seriously looking to get one in the next few months.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Definitely keep your eyes out. I'd been watching the prices last summer, and found a 47" Vizio LCD 1080p, 120 Hz refresh, and 4 HDMI inputs for under $700 at my local membership warehouse store.
                That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Wow, that person was such a complete a-hole I can't even find the words.

And also completely off-topic, but I love your avatar. That blog is amazing I particularly love the entry that your avatar comes from, since I can relate all too well
                  "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

That blog is amazing
                    She's great! I usually end up scaring my cats because I'm laughing so hard. :P
                    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

This brings back horrible memories for me. I can't stand these assclowns who expect instant service. Oh yes sir, let me just pull a service tech off the wall here, we have one waiting for you right away. I'm sure we'd all love to have dozens of people just sitting around on standby for just such "emergencies" but get a clue. You can't afford to pay that many guys just hoping that the work will come in.

It's probably for the better that he hung up. My experience with these assclowns is that they expect this instant service for under $50.
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
                      X