Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally caught someone deliberately misplacing a book.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally caught someone deliberately misplacing a book.

So, I'm at the counter pricing books when I look up and see a woman trying several shelves to see if a book she changed her mind about would fit. I impaled her on a dull broom stick and proped up the corpse with a sign saying "Didn't properly replace books" for all future people who might think it is a good idea to emulate her.

OK, that last sentence was a bit of a Walter Mitty moment. What really happened is that I said to her that the easiest way to find a place where it will fit is to simply put it back where you got it. She gave me a blank look and wandered off and sent her husband up to buy the books she wanted.

Why can't I just shoot them?
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Quoth Mark Healey View Post

Sadly, I think most countries frown on that. You know, the whole, no murder thing. More's the pity, really.

I hate it when they see an employee or go through their line if they're checking out and, rather than hand it to the person, who'd make sure it would go back to where it belongs, they go out of their way to find an empty check stand and toss it onto the belt.
    Last edited by GayleShy; 01-28-2007, 05:54 AM. Reason: lack of typing skills

Comment

So, I'm at the counter pricing books when I look up and see a woman trying several shelves to see if a book she changed her mind about would fit. I impaled her on a dull broom stick and proped up the corpse with a sign saying "Didn't properly replace books" for all future people who might think it is a good idea to emulate her.
      :snorts: They'd probably build a shrine to her with books they're too lazy to put back properly.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I loved when I'd see a kid about to run back and put the book away and the parent says, no just put it there...there being the cashwrap displays in front of the counter. JUST GIVE IT TO THE CASHIER, G*DDAMMIT!!!!!
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-28-2007, 09:35 PM. Reason: typo
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Gah! I hate misplaced books in bookstores. I tend to hang around the History and Political Science sections a lot and I see romance and sci fi books there. Irritates me to no end because it's really distracting. I have this really obsessive/compulsive habit of collecting all the misplaced books I see and carrying them over the customer service or information desk. Usually I just get a blank look from the CSReps when I explain to them how I came to have these books. I don't mind about the looks. Like I said, I hate misplaced books in bookstores....
          Do I dare
          Disturb the universe?
          In a minute there is time
          For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

Quoth Melxb View Post
            Gah! I hate misplaced books in bookstores. I tend to hang around the History and Political Science sections a lot and I see romance and sci fi books there. Irritates me to no end because it's really distracting. I have this really obsessive/compulsive habit of collecting all the misplaced books I see and carrying them over the customer service or information desk. Usually I just get a blank look from the CSReps when I explain to them how I came to have these books. I don't mind about the looks. Like I said, I hate misplaced books in bookstores....
            I do that when I stop by to visit my friends at BN. If I know where it goes I might even put it away. I'll straighten stuff on tables too. I was at the craft store a couple weeks ago with my mom. All I had was one spool of ribbon. While we were waiting on line I collected from the candy rack: a can of spray paint, 2 packs of those wood filler crayons, a small picture frame, and I think 2 other items. I also moved several boxes of candy that were on the wrong shelf. The cashier gave me kind of a weird look when I gave her the stuff but I just said I used to work retail and that drives me nuts.
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-28-2007, 11:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

It irks me more when I see the parents tell their kids to misplace it rather than put it away. It irks me most when I see the parents grab it from the kid and stuff it somewhere random rather than A) putting it away or B) having junior put it back where they got it from. Teach your children some responsibility, goddammit!
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I hate that to no end. We have our mangas and DVDs in ABC order, and somebody always has to misplace one or the other. Bad enough, when I did it recently at BN. I have to go back there anyway.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Melxb View Post
                  Gah! I hate misplaced books in bookstores. I tend to hang around the History and Political Science sections a lot and I see romance and sci fi books there. Irritates me to no end because it's really distracting.
                  As a book ho, this irritates me also, but for a different reason.

If there are books from other categories in the section I am browsing, while it makes me roll my eyes at the idiots who did this, it doesn't really bother me all that much.

HOWEVER, when I am looking for a specific book, and the clerk tells me they have x in stock, and it should be in x section, and it's not? Chances are it's because some turd-fingered scrotum scratcher put THAT book in ANOTHER section...and that could mean it could be amywhere in the freakin' store! Basically, it's inconveniencing me, and making it impossible for me to find that particular book. So damn it, all you misfilers out there, STOP DOING THAT! Or I will papercut your ass to ribbons!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    turd-fingered scrotum scratcher
                    Dammit, gummy candy out the nose is NOT comfortable.
                    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

When I clicked on the thread, I thought it was going to be about Mark catching one of those pervs that purposely misplace the nudy pics in the children's section.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Because the splatter of blood, brains and/or chunky bits of internal organs would make the books too nasty for me to want to buy.

Learn to use a blowgun and start breeding poison dart frogs. Much less mess to have to clean up.

M
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                          Because the splatter of blood, brains and/or chunky bits of internal organs would make the books too nasty for me to want to buy.

Learn to use a blowgun and start breeding poison dart frogs. Much less mess to have to clean up.

M
                          This is the 2nd mention of blowguns and poison dart frogs in the past week or so...

Comment

Working...
                          X