X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We close at 10.

We close at 10

I am on the closing shift closing time( ten o'clock) rolls around and with a minimum of hassle, we are able to get the store clear of customers. At the time all this happened it was about 10: 10, and a couple of us are outside going to our vehicles.

The players:
    TL: Time lady
    Me: me
    M: manager
    CW: co-worker

TL: <stands in front of automatic door . It doesn't open. She begins pounding on the door and yelling. > Hello!!! Hello!!! HELLO!!!!! HELLO!!!
    Me: Ma'am we are closed. We close at 10.
    TL: That's bad customer service! I need to get stuff!
    Me: I'm sorry but..
    TL: <snaps her fingers> Get me a manager. I have my three kids in the car and I drove all the way from Alloway.< about 10-15 minutes away>
    M: Ma'am. We are closed. We close at 10.
    TL That's what this fool said but I drove all the way from Alloway and I have three kids in the car, and it's only 10: 10!
    M: Ma'am I'm sorry but we close at 10, and don't insult my employees.
    TL : I'm a customer and I'll do what I want!! Now, open these doors!!
    M: Ma'am we close at 10. I cannot open those doors for you.
    TL: It's only 10: 10!!! Open the doors or I'll call the police!!
    M: Ma'am we close at 10. We open tomorrow at 7 o'clock .
    TL : F-ck you. Open those doors, now!!
    M: Ma'am please leave.
    <CW walks by>
    TL: <to CW> Hey you! What time does the store close?
    CW: 10.
    TL: F-ck you too. I have three kids in the car, they are all under 10 and I drove all the way from Alloway.
    CW: Sorry ma'am we close at 10.
    TL: imitates CW<sorry ma'am we close at !0.> I have never been so insulted. I will call the police and corporate and a lawyer. You'll be sorry you never let me in you bunch of ingrates!!
    <exeunt TL>

Should have told her to go ahead and call the police.

Comment

Oh, yes, how I would have loved to have heard what happened if she'd called the police.

Otherwise, I'm flabbergasted as to what reality she was in; she had it right - it was 10 and you close at 10...what was she missing!?
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

instead say "that's a good idea. here i'll help you call the cops! " *start dialing*
        "yes police?, there is an angry female attempting to enter my place of business after hours."

<exit TL>
        /latin geek
        //exeunt translates to "they go out" exit translates to "he/she/it goes out"

ex - out of/from

present indicative of ire - to go
        eo - i go
        is - you go (singular)
        it - he/she/it goes
        imus - we go
        itis - you go (plural)
        eunt - they go
        Last edited by roxtar; 02-03-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          what was she missing!?
          Common sense. Decency. Consideration for others. About 10 minutes.

Comment

What is so hard about that concept? Stores have hours...Sheesh. Unless those stores are Meijer and some Wal Marts. And even they close for Christmas.

Comment

When people like that threaten to call the police, my usual answer is "Oh, it's okay- I'll do that for you" as I take out my cell phone or portable that's on my hip.

Done it many, many times. *sigh*
              "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

TL: F-ck you too. I have three kids in the car, they are all under 10 and I drove all the way from Alloway.
                throws tantrum about a short drive and has her children up this late; customer and parenting fail.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

The police don't like it when people call them for situations in which no laws have been broken. I would've called myself, but not 911--just the local #.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Well...good to know she has kids.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      The police don't like it when people call them for situations in which no laws have been broken. I would've called myself, but not 911--just the local #.
                      I know it has happened sever times at my store when SC demand to get in and bag on the doors after hours. Usually they leave by the time the police arrive. In one case they didn't and were arrested because they were wanted for a string of burglaries in our town and a neighboring town to homes, cars and businesses.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                        Well...good to know she has kids.
                        In the car. So she's willing to leave 3 kids, under the age of ten, alone in a car late at night while she shops? And New Jersey is a might cold right now as well. Oh yeeeeessss, please call the cops Ms. SC m'am.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post

her calling the cops or 911 would just be another sad story (in a long string of recent stories) about some EW who (wrongly) thinks the cops can solve EVERY small (non crime related) problem.

OPPPPSSSSSS wrong sandwich CALL THE COPS. OPPPPSSSSSS wrong toppings CALL THE COPS..... NOT open CALL..... oops that was a cop
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Actually, her calling the cops would have been a good thing, the way I see it.
                            - If she calls 911 for it, she gets fined for the non-emergency use.
                            - Her children are taken somewhere, preferably home, but who knows.
                            - She spends the night in lockup because I guarantee she would cross the line with the officer that responded.
                            - No one in the store would have to deal with her anymore.
                            Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                            Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

yeah... i'd like to see the SC call the police.
                              that would be worth watching.
                              just to see the look on the SC's face when the police tell her "no"

i wonder if it would be like the BK lady calling the cops when the 911 operator said "What are they protecting you from, a wrong hamburger"

heh.

tho yeah i feel bad for the cops. seems these days people think police are there to back up their entitlement-fueled rages.
                              Last edited by PepperElf; 02-03-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X