Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newsflash! Goods and services cost money!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Noelegy View Post
    Nope, she truly believed that nobody should make any more money than anyone else.
    :snort: Let's see how she'd like it if she was in some high paying job that she worked for YEARS to get where she is, and then find out that they hire high school sophomores for the same wage.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

People are aghast when they find out that we have a minimum dispensing fee. Hello? the pills are parts, the rest is labor. The labor is performed by a bunch of highly educated people, too. Get over yourself.

Comment

My doctor, like many others in my area, receive a certain amount from the government per appointment they take. She decides whether just to take that money, so I don't pay anything, or to have me pay a little extra (if it was a long appointment, etc.). So I usually see her free.

Yesterday I had one of my "kinda annoying" customers. The kind that mention that something should be cheaper, or something should be in stock, but don't want to follow up on it. Anyway, he asked for a little tub of tartar sauce, and I charged him 40 cents. As I charge everyone for it. And he paid... "But other Maccas don't charge me for it. And they don't charge for a sundae cup of pickles, either." Um, sorry. It costs the company money for these things, so we have to charge customers for them.
        Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
        Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
        <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          When was the last time you saw a doctor for free?
          Lets see. I saw my internist/rheumatologist and my anesthesiologist last Friday when we ordered Chinese Take-Out. They double checked that I was taking my antibiotics (picked up a little e-coli in Cambodia) and that I was making progress on my self imposed diet. So not only did I see them for free, got medical advice and drugs for free, but they bought me dinner! Muahahaha...oh, sorry. My parents are physicians.

Comment

[QUOTE=sarahj;81448]My doctor, like many others in my area, receive a certain amount from the government per appointment they take. She decides whether just to take that money, so I don't pay anything, or to have me pay a little extra (if it was a long appointment, etc.). So I usually see her free.
            QUOTE]

nothing is free..... the government pays your doctor.... who pays the government?
            unless you aint paying taxes....

Comment

Quoth uthdentroll View Post
              nothing is free..... the government pays your doctor.... who pays the government?
              unless you aint paying taxes....
              Oops... Yeah I pay taxes. But what I meant is that I don't pay extra after that. As it was mentioned a bunch of posts ago, it seems free at the time. Means I don't have to save up for weeks to see a doctor, like I do when I need clothes.
              Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
              Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
              <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Working...
              X