Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Stephen King novel about a brain-destroying virus that spreads via cellphones - perhaps that lady had been reading it (more fool her, in which case - its dire).
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      My goodness! Someone nearby was clearly attacking her, you should've released the call so she could dial the police immediately.
      Did'nt you know? Bitching and complaining is more important than someone near you trying to kill you...

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
        it sounds like she got credit she didn't deserve;
        Nah. This is pretty much standard with cell phone plans. If you manage to go over your limit and incur fees, they'll offer to let you retro-actively change your plan to one that will cover the usage without additional fees. Then they credit the fees minus the difference in the monthly rates.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If you can kill people over the phone, Gravekeeper's customers are in real trouble.
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Well, the OP was being nice and trying to offer a solution, and I'm sure did so in a very pleasant tone of voice, so maybe the SC felt she was being killed with kindness.

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
              She was two though, so it was somewhat to be expected.
              You remind me of my friend B -- he mentioned that he'll have to watch his mouth a bit more in the car...His two-year-old daughter was pretending to "drive" at home, which consisted mainly of honks, jerks of an imaginary steering wheel, and occasional outbursts of "F*** off, asshole!"
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Unfortunately there isn't a "brain escaping the head" smiley around here.

So I'll make do with this:

<--- My Brain.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Customer: SIR! (to a person around her) CAN YOU HELP ME, THIS LADY IS TRYING TO KILL ME?
                  although you may have wanted to reach through the phone to strangle her... i don't see how telling her "no" can in any way shape or form turn into a murder attempt.

and i'm betting the police would roll their eyes at the call

did you not get trained on that supersecret customer ZAPPING electric chair current button????
                  well i've heard of people rigging up phones to chairs so that they'll deliver a shock to the ass when the phone rings...

Comment

I think if it were possible to kill someone over the phone, half the people on this forum would be serving consecutive life sentences.
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                      I think if it were possible to kill someone over the phone, half the people on this forum would be serving consecutive life sentences.
                      And the rest of us would be in for aiding, abetting and applauding.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                        I don't understand. How can you murder someone when you're only talking to them via telephone, far, far away?
                        Employ an SCP. Wait, wrong site . . .

Comment

I wonder what she would have done if you had pointed out that the call was being recorded for training purposes...

Comment

what's an scp?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              what's an scp?
                              These are.

Warning. That site contains many examples of High Octane Nightmare Fuel. Read at your own risk.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mattland View Post
                                I wonder what she would have done if you had pointed out that the call was being recorded for training purposes...
                                I don't think that would have mattered.
                                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                                X