This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth eltf177 View Post
    ... Is this really the sort of customer base you want?
    THIS, a thousand times, This!

When I was at DaddyJim's pizza way back in the day, we had customers like this -- they kept coming back, ordering more, and getting free replacements of the pizzas that Corporate had given them for free, just so we wouldn't lose such valuable customers >_<

While the SM had the authority to ban customers, nothing short of threats of violence (from the SC's end) would get him to do so.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      I will _never_ understand why anybody would want to keep such a "customer" happy. They cost you far more than you make, and the only 'goodwill' is that the scammer keeps getting free stuff. So naturally they tell all their scammer friends about it. Is this really the sort of customer base you want?
      the only reason the corporate types want to keep this kind of custy "happy" is because of one single reason: THE LOWEST common denominator.

the large chains cater to this group ie. cheap crap, convient delivered to your door no thought involved, special upon special blah product. they are unnatually scared outta their lilly white underware of ANY bad "buzz" will hurt their bottom line (as in higher product costs, advertisement, rent/lease costs, higher energy costs, must grow sales higher and higher in a staurated US market).

they continually rotate really cheap promotional products ( ie. cheap crap of the month to keep the customer coming back) on a monthly basis whilst toppings get skimpyer and the employees get screwed in hours and wages. they cut back on the number of allowable/workable hours and employee compensation and still expect a low delivery times and low food costs and high productivity.

to them serial scammers are just "a cost of doing business". bottom line is keep the customer happy via BLAST Believe (the scammer's story) Listen (to the scammers story while your ears bleed), Apologize (to the scammer for making the scammer "unhappy"), Satisfy (the scammer by giving them more free shit) and Thank (the scammer for continuing to fuck over your company)
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It gives me warm fuzzies that she was banned

Her complaint about you using 'big words' reminded me of another story, I can't remember the details, but it was about an SC flipping-out on the employee when they said something like "I'm afraid we can't ______" or "If you like we can ______" but the SC mistook the word used as some sort of grievous personal insult. It was a really sterile word too, like 'accomodate' or 'recompense.'

This will drive me nuts until I remember the word!!!!!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          I'm fairly sure the word was 'assistance,' and the woman flipped out 'cause she thought it was an insult about her needing social services style assistance as opposed to, you know, generic help type assistance.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            It gives me warm fuzzies that she was banned

Her complaint about you using 'big words' reminded me of another story, I can't remember the details, but it was about an SC flipping-out on the employee when they said something like "I'm afraid we can't ______" or "If you like we can ______" but the SC mistook the word used as some sort of grievous personal insult. It was a really sterile word too, like 'accomodate' or 'recompense.'

Reminds me of a true story of when George Mathers was running against Claude Pepper for congress back in the 50s (I believe) and gave a speech about his opponent and his family, like his sister was a known THESPIAN and his brother was a HOMOSAPIEN. It also stated that Pepper MASTICATED daily. And it worked!
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Nobody has ever gone broke by underestimating the intelligence of the average human being. Sadly.
              Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              like his sister was a known THESPIAN and his brother was a HOMOSAPIEN. It also stated that Pepper MASTICATED daily. And it worked!
              Oh, my! I'm sure the voters were glad to have that information! ...Plus, well, you know what they say about mastication -- it'll make you go blind!

*adjusts his wrought-iron spectacles*
              Last edited by EricKei; 02-11-2011, 01:00 AM. Reason: made more clearer
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

And people were stupid enough to fall for that? How disgusting. He should have been immediately disqualified from the race for trying that.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Plus, well, you know what they say about mastication -- it'll make you go blind!
                  But mastication makes it easier to swallow.

Wasn't some official forced to resign for using the word "niggardly"?

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                    Pizza Shack in my state, if you call for a delivery, it goes to a call center.. I would have loved to have been the one to tell that woman she had been banned.
                    Out of curiosity, what do you tell a customer scammer when they call again? Any kind of mention of a black list will send them calling corporate or mailing a letter, even if that stamp is the only thing they've paid for in months.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      Reminds me of a true story of when George Mathers was running against Claude Pepper for congress back in the 50s (I believe) and gave a speech about his opponent and his family, like his sister was a known THESPIAN and his brother was a HOMOSAPIEN. It also stated that Pepper MASTICATED daily. And it worked!
                      Did he also matriculate?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

If I remember correctly, he was also accused of practicing NEPOTISM with his relatives.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                          But mastication makes it easier to swallow.
                          Doesn't God kill a kitten every time you masticate?

Wasn't some official forced to resign for using the word "niggardly"?
                          There are several instances, according to Wikipedia.
                          Last edited by dendawg; 02-15-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                            If I remember correctly, he was also accused of practicing NEPOTISM with his relatives.
                            What...?! Oh NO, we got ourselves a NEPOMANCER! Hide the bodies!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              Did he also matriculate?
                              Mensuration is a good one to accuse someone of.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X