This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You "scarfed" it, you bought it

I was working at Pizza Shack a few years back, as soon as I got into work to start my shift, I was handed a remake to deliver. Ok, no problem, we have to remake them sometimes (Mainly due to the customer ordering the wrong thing in the first place). I was given very strict instructions to collect the wrong pizza before I give them the right pizza.

I get to the house and this is what happens:

Me: I've got your pizza, I need the one that was brought here before before I can give you the new one.

SC: I don't have it, my husband scarfed it.

Me: It's ok if a piece or 2 was eaten, but I need the rest of it.

SC: But my husband scarfed it.

She kept saying "scarfed" as if it would make the whole thing ok and justify him eating it.

Me: He ate the whole thing?

SC: Yep, he scarfed it.

Me: I can't give you this one I have then, I was given very strict instructions to collect the wrong pizza first.

SC: But that pizza was wrong!

Me: I'm sorry.. You were told that you'd have to hand over the wrong pizza.. Right?

SC: Yeah

Me: If it was wrong, why'd he eat it?

SC: (shrugs) I guess he was hungry.

Me: I mean, if you were going to eat the wrong pizza, we would've given you a discount on account of it being wrong. But I can't give you a new pizza, not when I was explicitly told to get the wrong pizza before I gave you the right one.

SC: But that's not fair!

Me: I'm sorry, this pizza is 12.83 if you want to purchase it. If not, then we have nothing else to discuss.

I left, I didn't feel like arguing anymore. When I got back to the store the SC had called to complain about me being rude and "Using too many big words". She was put on the black list.. It turned out that she'd often call to complain that their pizza was wrong and have a new one delivered.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Wow, what a nutcase. Instructions was the biggest word you used, and it's not like it's a word only a select few would know the meaning of.

Comment

yeah but i doubt she'd obey the instructions
      since apparently her main goal was to scam for free pizza

Comment

Sounds like the big words she had problems with were anything more complex than "the." That's a scammer that got caught and was trying to pull it off. So sorry. Go bug someone else's store.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

SC: But that's not fair!
          oh god, not the 'but that's not fair' defense. ergh; if its wrong, you can wait; you're not starving or going to die if that new pizza isn't there immediately.

another day, another dumbass.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Out of curiosity, what do you say when she calls again? Do you get the privilege of telling her she's been blacklisted?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

And what do "long words" have to do with pulling a scam anyway? Did she think your boss was going to give her even more goodies because the delivery person used words she wasn't familiar with?

Come to think of it, "scam", "fraud" and "liar" are pretty small words.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                And what do "long words" have to do with pulling a scam anyway? Did she think your boss was going to give her even more goodies because the delivery person used words she wasn't familiar with?
                "Long words" was her way of saying, "I have to find some excuse to complain so I can keep scamming free pizza!"
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I once had a complaint from a customer that didn't know my name, so he identified me as "the one who uses the big words." The funny thing is that the manager was able to figure out it was me.
                  My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                    SC had called to complain about me being rude and "Using too many big words".
                    Tough, isn't it? Comprehending the word NO.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

HFB:

can I clone your manager and put that clone in ALL level of management????? PLEASE???????? please please please please????

If that would have been my company they would have had/forced me to hand over the remake no questions asked.

but then I have posted too many times about such things

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                      I'm thinking it was because of the scam the SC was pulling that the OP was told to get the wrong pizza back - the boss was probably sick of giving away free pizzas to these people, especially after noticing a pattern. Kudos!
                      CORRECT at least HFB's manager has a spine. most chains will just suck up the extra cost in the "name" of customer service and "goodwill". NOT it just teaches the scammer (and we have more than a few) that they can get away with it over and over and over ad nauseum
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        Most chains will just suck up the extra cost in the "name" of customer service and "goodwill". NOT it just teaches the scammer (and we have more than a few) that they can get away with it over and over and over ad nauseum
                        I will _never_ understand why anybody would want to keep such a "customer" happy. They cost you far more than you make, and the only 'goodwill' is that the scammer keeps getting free stuff. So naturally they tell all their scammer friends about it. Is this really the sort of customer base you want?

Comment

i'd like to hear the sc's BLARGLE when she gets told "i'm sorry we cannot complete this order" when she tries to get more pizza

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
                            I once had a complaint from a customer that didn't know my name, so he identified me as "the one who uses the big words." The funny thing is that the manager was able to figure out it was me.
                            I don't know which is sadder... that the customer thinks that "uses big words" is enough to identify someone, or the fact that it actually was enough to identify someone.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pizza Shack in my state, if you call for a delivery, it goes to a call center.. I would have loved to have been the one to tell that woman she had been banned.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                              X