Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Concept Wasn't Lost Because it Was Never Had.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Concept Wasn't Lost Because it Was Never Had.

We have our shop phone in our eBay store. I got a call from a customer just now:

Customer: I want to verify that my order is being shipped. I ordered a stand and remote.

Me: Ok

*insert convo about their name and address*

Me: Okay, I'm only seeing the stand- are you sure you ordered the remote from us and not another seller?

C: No! I ordered everything from eBay!

Me: I understand that, but eBay is made up of many different sellers, not one giant store. Since I don't see a remote on your order, nor do I sell the remote, I'm going to say that you ordered it from a different eBay seller's store.

C: It doesn't come from the same place? That's how Amazon does it. The remote has to be there!

Me: eBay is different from Amazon. *insert me telling them how to go into "My eBay" to find bought items.*

C: See! I did buy it from eBay! Are you shipping it today?

Me: *headdesk*

Eventually I got though to him, but I'll never get that 10 minutes back.

ETA- Oh! I almost forgot. He got pissy with me because I was going to ship it out today (after he asked). He's going out of town until Tuesday. I've never been yelled at for being proactive before.

Got that figured out too: I put signature confirmation on the package so someone HAS to pick it up from the post office.
    Last edited by Betweenshades; 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Well shit, seems to me if this guy thinks ebay is one big "store," then he'd probably be a good candidate to be scammed buying a car currently stored in an "ebay warehouse," which does not exist.

Buying and/or selling with ebay without doing some basic research first is a Very Bad Idea.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      C: It doesn't come from the same place? That's how Amazon does it. The remote has to be there!
      It would probably blow his little mind to know that Amazon also is not just "one big store" and has other resellers.

Comment

Stupid Customers.. Killing our brain cells every time they speak. Its a slow death. In a worst case scenario you dont die. You just get the uncontrollable urge to move to Nunuvat, Canada and order pink camo pants and sunglasses that play mp3s from a catalogue.

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
          It would probably blow his little mind to know that Amazon also is not just "one big store" and has other resellers.
          Yeah. I didn't go there for obvious reasons!
          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I think my brain just exploded out my eye sockets from the sheer FORCE of STUPID contained in this story.

Owwww......
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
              . I've never been yelled at for being proactive before..
              I have. Fortunately, I don't work for that boss anymore ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                Stupid Customers.. Killing our brain cells every time they speak. Its a slow death. In a worst case scenario you dont die. You just get the uncontrollable urge to move to Nunuvat, Canada and order pink camo pants and sunglasses that play mp3s from a catalogue.
                You wouldn't survive in Nunavut. You forgot the hats.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Wait, eBay is defferent to Amazon? I just buy every darn ting of dem dar internetz doodah.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X