X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales From the Hobby Department part 4

Pine Car Mass Pile up
    I expect a certain level of disaster when dealing with children and/or parents of children. But what occurred in the Pine car panels can only be likened to a disastrous Interstate pile up caused by ice, speeding, alcohol, and possibly a moose. The shear destruction the poor pine car rack undertook was on a near Armageddon scale and it took crews (meaning me, thanks) nearly 30 straight minutes to sort through the wreckage of wheels, sandpaper, stickers, decals, paint, glue, body skins, weights, chassis, and starter blocks, before it was all cleaned up.

In Other News
    A trail of yellow paint was found splattered here and there around the store... when the trail was followed back to its point of origin it was discovered that someone, in a wheelchair, had knocked several tubes of paint off the wrack and proceeded to run them over, leaving a wonderful multi-colored mess in the paint aisle.

Adventures in Figurines

A battle, or perhaps a mass exodus, was in it's beginning stages...however, it was thwarted by the efforts of the Frame Shop Guy, and thus I only witnessed the last stragglers (being the Red Knight on a Sheep)..... FSG did tell me, however, that it had been pretty spectacular.

-------

The Grizzly Bears decided to take a field trip over to the Felt... I'm not sure why yet... but they seemed to be enjoying it quite thoroughly. I have come to the conclusion that either they just really like felt or someone gave them some very Special Pills.

-------

In an effort to attain peace amidst themselves the Cowboys and Indians decided to throw one HELL of a party. I, sadly, missed the main event, but I was witness to the after math. People ending up in other peoples slots, Indians with Cowboys... horses with dinosaurs... and someone decided it was a good idea to bring a hot pink feather boa into the equation somewhere..... I'm sad I missed it, but I am glad that it's not my drunk picture that is going to end up on various social networking sites.

--------

In a strange re-inaction of Finding Nemo... the residents one of the "Undersea" Toobs, the clownfish and a shark...all were found "swimming" around by the barn stuff.... It was quite comical if for no other reason than the Clownfish is NOT made on the same scale as any of the others and thus dwarfed all the other fish/sea life/and the shark.

---------

I'm guessing that some things were said and/or blackmail was involved after the WILD party. Everyone was back to their antics again. The cowboy with the mustache and the cowboy with the two colts were riding past one another in a strange dual.... the indians were attacking a group of cowboys. Meanwhile the Mega Rex was back to eating the others.....

----------

One poor cowboy met his doom. I found his horse hanging by its halter up on one of the pegs.... the poor cowboy had fallen. I thought about giving him a proper service, but I just stuck him back with the others instead.... no one has noticed yet. Which is making me kind of suspicious.... I do not need zombie cowboys....

-------

~Fin~

And remember....Fish are Friends....Not Food....
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Epic and enjoyable, as always. I'm sorry that you had to suffer for your art, much as GK does
    Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    someone gave them some very Special Pills.
    Well, I guess that leaves out the ones that Mother gives them...they don't do anything at all...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Came for cowboys and dinosaur stories. Leaving satisfied.

Comment

In Other News
        A trail of yellow paint was found splattered here and there around the store... when the trail was followed back to its point of origin it was discovered that someone, in a wheelchair, had knocked several tubes of paint off the wrack and proceeded to run them over, leaving a wonderful multi-colored mess in the paint aisle.
        I hope you saved that piece of the floor. I know a museum that would pay a million bucks for it as "contemporary art."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Pine Car Mass Pile up
          I expect a certain level of disaster when dealing with children and/or parents of children. But what occurred in the Pine car panels can only be likened to a disastrous Interstate pile up caused by ice, speeding, alcohol, and possibly a moose. The shear destruction the poor pine car rack undertook was on a near Armageddon scale and it took crews (meaning me, thanks) nearly 30 straight minutes to sort through the wreckage of wheels, sandpaper, stickers, decals, paint, glue, body skins, weights, chassis, and starter blocks, before it was all cleaned up.
          So...what happened to the Moose?

Comment

And remember....Fish are Friends....Not Food....
            To the T-Rex, everything is food.

Quoth Aethian View Post
            The alleged moose, if there really was one, obviously was able to make his escape.

Either that, or he was eaten by the T-Rex. We may never know.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Came for cowboys and dinosaur stories. Leaving satisfied.
              So what's your FARK handle

jk but for a second there i was sure I was on the wrong site.
              I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

People ending up in other peoples slots
                Methinks people should stay out of other people's slots. Unless invited, of course
                Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  I'm not sure what happened to the moose honestly... In my head all I could envision with that much havoc was This Page of the Comic ((AKA Scandinavia and the World)) If you read the artists explanation of Denmark being the safest place in the world you will get it...
                  "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                  -Red

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
                    So what's your FARK handle
                    Er...I don't log into it much. >.>

Comment

Pine Car Mass Pile up
                      But what occurred in the Pine car panels can only be likened to a disastrous Interstate pile up caused by ice, speeding, alcohol, and possibly a moose.

A Møøse once bit my sister ... No realli!
                      She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink". </ obligatory Monty Python quote>

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post

A Møøse once bit my sister ... No realli!
                        She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink". </ obligatory Monty Python quote>
                        We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have
                        been sacked. </counter Monty Python quote>
                        -Red

Comment

Mynd you, mööse bites Kan be pretti nasti...

Comment

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have
                            been sacked. </counter Monty Python quote>
                            Quoth Mikkel View Post
                            Mynd you, mööse bites Kan be pretti nasti...

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for the sacking of those who were supposed to have been sacked, have been sacked.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

# Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA
                              # Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT
                              Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILL
                              # Møøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III
                              Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME
                              Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign
                              com plicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG

-Red

Comment

Working...
                              X