Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A letter to the self-important (contains bad language because I'm uncouth)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A letter to the self-important (contains bad language because I'm uncouth)

Background:
    I have been getting a lot of complaints from brokers recently. For those who aren't familiar with broker insurance (and I envy you), a customer will pay a broker for insurance and then they will do all of the hunting for the cheapest quote and make sure the insurance is exactly what they need. Of course a broker charges the customer money for this which leads me to this

Dear Mr Big Shot Insurance Broker Fuckwit,

I understand that it is frustrating that you have had to spend an hour on the phone to sort out your client's insurance.

I know it could be easier.

I'm sure the idea of actually have to do some work rather than just fleecing your client's came as a shock.

However...

I AM NOT GOING TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR YOUR TIME AT YOUR "HOURLY RATE"!

The reason your customers pay you for insurance rather than going directly to us is so you do this sort of thing for them. And I doubt you will keep them if you actually charge "£150 per hour."

In other words...

I WON'T GIVE YOU COMPENSATION FOR DOING YOUR DAMN JOB!

Your hungover and irritated complaints rep,

deanzt

P.S. and please stow the "I'm far to important to deal with you" bullshit. Your company is so small and unimportant it isn't even worthy of the expense of giving you the broker support helpline. Which is free.

That is all.

Quoth deanzt View Post
    The reason your customers pay you for insurance rather than going directly to us is so you do this sort of thing for them. And I doubt you will keep them if you actually charge "£150 per hour."
    Right, I need a new job if that's what he's earning...

On second thoughts, not worth losing what I have. I think he may be protesting too much...

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
    X