This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't ya love proving customers wrong

The other day we had an e-mail enquiry from a customer asking why our PDS was buried in amogst a heap of gobblidook. A colleague responded asking for some clarification about his enquiry. He replied that he wanted to find our PDS on our website but couldn't find it, so he and his mates came to the conclusion we were deliberately hiding it on our website, with a side rant about flood cover.

I find the page on our website (which is clearly marked 'documents and forms') with relative ease, and refer the guy to that page, advising that the PDS, and a dedicated document on flood cover, can be easily found on our website (and gave him the link to that page).

His response included advising that he will address his blindness
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

At least he was able to joke about it, instead of acting like it was still the fault of your company. Sometimes the more you look for something, the more unlikely you are to find it. Until you ask for help. Then by God, you'll find it right in front of you!

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
      ...Until you ask for help. Then by God, you'll find it right in front of you!
      So that's why Mom has to find my clothes!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This is why I always start my requests to find something with: "I'm probably being blind, however I can't find XYZ"

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          So that's why Mom has to find my clothes!
          There is a joke there, involving your mom and my clothes,and another about why you are winking regarding your mom... But I haven't yet figured out where the limits of decency are on this board, so instead...

I love proving customers wrong. You'd be surprised how often the facts contradict their claims!

Comment

Quoth brucetiki View Post
            His response included advising that he will address his blindness
            It's good when a customer admits his mistake. Bonus points when he has a sense of humor about it.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You mean the customer didn't accuse you of making things "difficult" and asking why the form was in "such a stupid place"? Sounds like you have some nice customers. And that I have ones who refuse to admit making mistakes.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
              X