This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well then cancel the account!

While I was at a cell phone suck center.

Guy calls in and wants to talk about the account never did figure out why.

Problem, he cant verify the account. He had called in already that day at least 6- times. This time it gets escalated to me. He demands that I talk to him about the account, which I cant. After several minutes of him cussing he then tells me to tell him general information, which I can tell anyone and had informed him of, I think he figured if he wasted enough of my time I would relent. So I started going over our rate plans, features, etc. Nothing that was even remotely account specific. After about 20 minutes of this he started cursing me again and demanding then that I cancel the account. I again explained that I couldnt do anything to this account unless he could verify it, which of course includes cancelling. A few minutes after he demonstrates to me his rather limited and uninventive vocabulary he asks about rate plans and such again. I continue on going over rate plans, overages, intl roaming, litteraly everything while staying as calm as possible. This does nothing but anger him more, he asks if there is anyone else he can speak, I tell him that without verifying the account there is no one that would call him back to talk to him. He finally gets angry enough to hang up the phone. All in all, about an hour and a half of my life gone.

Bonus- He couldnt verify the account because the account owner had recently added a passcode to the account. The day before in fact. Also.. the account owner was female.

Quoth barainga View Post
    Bonus- He couldnt verify the account because the account owner had recently added a passcode to the account. The day before in fact. Also.. the account owner was female.
    A bit of spite towards an ex, eh? Or some other kind of infantile stunt.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

yeah sounds like couple's issues.

reminds me of a former shipmate who's hubby broke into her cell account to snoop on her. she should have done that to her account to stonewall him.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        A bit of spite towards an ex, eh? Or some other kind of infantile stunt.
        Quoth PepperElf View Post
        yeah sounds like couple's issues.

reminds me of a former shipmate who's hubby broke into her cell account to snoop on her. she should have done that to her account to stonewall him.
        My first thought was "creepy obsessive stalker". My second thought was "somebody should warn her". Not that she doesn't already know (the recent password setup is a good sign), but so she can report to the police that things are escalating.

Hey, it's not paranoia if you're right.
        EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
        ~-~
        Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
          My first thought was "creepy obsessive stalker". My second thought was "somebody should warn her". Not that she doesn't already know (the recent password setup is a good sign), but so she can report to the police that things are escalating.

Hey, it's not paranoia if you're right.
          I always left detailed notes on accounts that I worked on. Just in case they were ever needed, in that line of work they often are but normally so the customer cant get away with changing thier story for the next rep they talk to.

Comment

Working...
          X