This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna cancel

Guest: Dave, I feel the rate is too high on this property. I come there every year and I've never had to pay this much and I am just not going to do it. I want to cancel.

Me: ok....I will cancel it for you

Guest: so that's it? All the time, I've been coming there and you wont give me a lower rate. I think I am entitled to it

Me: I am sorry, this is the best rate

Guest: well fine, you just lost a customer. I cant believe I am being treated this way. Get me your manager. I'd like to lodge a complaint.

Me: I will be happy to. Have a nice day

Guest: UP YOURS

So even when you agree to do exactly what they ask/demand, they still don't like you?
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
      So even when you agree to do exactly what they ask/demand, they still don't like you?
      He did what she asked, but not what she wanted. She wanted a rise out of him, and he didn't give it to her. Cue further tantrums.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It was a pathetic attempt at getting a discount. But those rentals will go fast if its during the right season so they have no incentive to offer a discount. These people will not learn that the world doesnt revolve around them.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
          Guest: ...I want to cancel.

Me: ok....I will cancel it for you
          Pay attention kids, this is what's known as: Calling a bluff. It's often an effective tactic against SCs.
          Last edited by Ree; 02-19-2011, 11:08 PM. Reason: Edited excessive quote of entire post
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I am waiting on the follow up to this one. When she bitches that you won't refund her non-refundable deposit.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Dave, don't take this personally, but could there be something in your tone that is irritating all these callers of yours? Because the words you say seem perfectly fine, and I can't figure out why these callers get so upset with you. Sure, some of them are going to be assholes by birth, but this many? Is it possible your tone is snarkier than you realize?

Just a thought.

Another thought is that I'm glad I tend bar--I always have the threat of "I control your booze" to fall back on.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                Pay attention kids, this is what's known as: Calling a bluff. It's often an effective tactic against SCs.
                Absolutely! I love it when they threaten to cancel at my work, cuz I transfer them and I don't have to listen to them anymore! I love hearing "no, no no"....as I click the transfer button.

Comment

Quoth Hermione View Post
                  Absolutely! I love it when they threaten to cancel at my work, cuz I transfer them and I don't have to listen to them anymore! I love hearing "no, no no"....as I click the transfer button.
                  I had a little old man bitching at me once and told me not to transfer him to anyone. I did it anyway, it was great.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Dave, don't take this personally, but could there be something in your tone that is irritating all these callers of yours? Because the words you say seem perfectly fine, and I can't figure out why these callers get so upset with you. Sure, some of them are going to be assholes by birth, but this many? Is it possible your tone is snarkier than you realize? Just a thought. Another thought is that I'm glad I tend bar--I always have the threat of "I control your booze" to fall back on.
                    I think it's less snarky and more blase. I hear his voice as very, very matter-of-fact when I read his posts. SCs HATE unflappable with a passion; they're looking for a fight.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      I do so enjoy doing that.

It confuses and/or enrages them, to the point where they're not sure how to respond. I usually get two reactions:

1) Meekly fleeing the feel of battle because their tactics have utterly failed.
                      2) Becoming furiously enraged and spewing strings of obscenities, at which point I inform them I am not able to help them if they do not want to remain civil and then hang up on them.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        I think it's less snarky and more blase. I hear his voice as very, very matter-of-fact when I read his posts. SCs HATE unflappable with a passion; they're looking for a fight.
                        I imagine him something a bit like John Cleese's maitre'd in this classic skit handling one of the biggest SC's ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlK62rjQWLk

Comment

"Yes..President Wilson Hotel in Geneva? I would like to book your Royal Penthouse Suite. I stay with you all the time, so you are going to give it to me for $50 a night. Hello? Hello?? Is anybody there????"

((Couldn't resist ))
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Right, I sense the blase' too.

I do the same thing when someone makes a "I just made that $100 bill! Hardy har har" joke, so I guess I get his intentions.

I like that he keeps his format similar too, so we can just enjoy the customer suck. And I do. Oh, I do.
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I agree. Many people call in looking for a fight from the get go, and when you don't give them what they want, it pisses them off even more.
                              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
                              X