This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Just Call Me?

I'm so lucky this guy hung up before I had the chance to say something that would get me fired.

Douchbag: you get the picture
    Me: far too underpaid to deal with this shit

Douchbag: Yeah, I'd like to get the $300 travel credit.
    Me: Okay sir, let me see what I can get for you.

*I checked to see if his airline ticket was $300 or more. For a credit like this it has to be equal or more than the ticket. We have no way of getting around this.*

Me: Unfortunately sir, you're ticket isn't equal to $300 but I'd be more than happy to get you the $200 travel credit.
    Douchbag: But I was told that it would be okay if the ticket was only $299! *bullshit, the last person to talk to him notated that she told him the correct information*
    Me: I do apologize if you were misinformed sir, but unfortunately the ticket does have to be equal to or more than the travel credit for your program.
    Douchbag: Fine do it.

So I get the credit taken care of for him and I'm doing my closing statement. The call goes nicely. Douchbag doesn't bitch about only getting the $200 credit. All is fine...

Me: Alright sir, since there isn't anything else I can do for you I want to thank you for calling Huge Sucking Bank Cows. Have a great night. *mute the call*
    Douchbag: You're a fucking bitch.
    Me: *unmutes the phone* What did you just call me?
    Douchbag: *click*

I'm so sick of this job. I was fully ready to go off on this guy. I no longer care if I get fired. If it comes to it, I can talk to the manager at the local Sears and get a job. It wouldn't be the one I want but it would be fine until I found something better.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
    Me: *revokes $200 credit*
    Fixed that for you.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Get a job bartending at a place with non-spineless managers. Bartenders not only can often go off on asshole customers, but they can get revenge without even saying anything rude or snarky. After all, bartenders control these assholes' booze.

"I'm sorry, sir, that kind of language is unacceptable. Please pay your tab and leave, as you will no longer be getting any drinks here."

Note: the above is the very polite version. I have ultra-cool managers, so I have gotten away with less polite versions thereof.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I've been thinking about it Jester, but first I need to brush up on my drink making skills. I'm pretty good at making them. At parties I'm the official drink mixer.

Comment

Me: Alright sir, since there isn't anything else I can do for you I want to thank you for calling Huge Sucking Bank Cows. Have a great night. *mute the call*
          In my last job I would have had a double markdown on this if they had been quality scoring the call.
          1) for "calling out" the guy and not using "empathy" in my voice and
          2) for extending the length of the call when it wasn't neccessary

unless it was one of my cool leads then I probably would have gotten a jokey IM

I think there is a reason they don't give CSRs advance notice of a layoff - if I had known, all may calls my last morning would have gone much differently.

Comment

Luckily for me, my managers won't grade calls where the customer is cursing, but if the client had been listening I would have gotten a talking to about it.

Comment

I've been thinking about it Jester, but first I need to brush up on my drink making skills. I'm pretty good at making them. At parties I'm the official drink mixer.
              Spiral, making drinks is only a small part of bartending, to be honest. And the easiest to teach, frankly speaking.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Reminds of a call someone else took. The rep hung up on the customer which we werent supposed to do.The customer insulted the rep in a fashion that included the reps sexual preference. In this case the rep actually was gay, I had just been promoted to supervisor and should have issued a first and final warning for what the company called 'customer abuse'. But I couldnt do it. It was a stupid policy anyway.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Get a job bartending at a place with non-spineless managers. Bartenders not only can often go off on asshole customers, but they can get revenge without even saying anything rude or snarky. After all, bartenders control these assholes' booze.

"I'm sorry, sir, that kind of language is unacceptable. Please pay your tab and leave, as you will no longer be getting any drinks here."

Note: the above is the very polite version. I have ultra-cool managers, so I have gotten away with less polite versions thereof.
                  Oh how I wish more places were like bars. Sometimes I kinda wish I didn't spend almost 28 years at my current supermarket,but working in a bar instead, for that very reason.

Comment

You're in the UK, perchance? Aitch Ess Bee See kind of gives it away.

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                      We have them in the states too.
                      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

And in Canada.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Spiral, making drinks is only a small part of bartending, to be honest. And the easiest to teach, frankly speaking.
                          There was a series of books where to be a bartender you needed a degree in psychology ...
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                            Nope, I'm in the states. This bank is all over the place. Though there aren't any in my actual area. Most of the customers who call in are in the New York area actually.

Comment

The HS stands for Hong Kong and Singapore. They are an multinational company.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X