Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I write mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy when shortening, but when writing it out, i do dd mmmm yyyy...
    So like my birthday would be 03/22/87(1987), or 13th March 1987..
    Mom makes fun of me for it..
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

The hubs was in the US Air Force for 20 years. He still writes the date as he did in his job: dd/mm/yyyy
      "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
      "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        The US Military does dates mm/dd/yyyy, just like the rest of the world does.
        Middle Endian? I don't think so.
        dd/mm/yy or dd/mm/yyyy.

Whilst we're at it, the metric system...get with the feckin program, just like the Rest Of The World!

*Grins & runs*

Comment

And that's why I, when I write work related e-mails to customers abroad, always write the date in letters to avoid confusion. (So instead of, say, 16/4-11 (today) I'd write 16th of April 2011 or April 16th 2011.)
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I have a feeling I'm going to end up annoying many Americans when I move over because as a Brit, I do date dd/mm/yyyy.

Having said that though, whenever I had to fill out a visa waiver or immigration form on a flight to the states, it dated dd/mm/yy as well.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
              And that's why I, when I write work related e-mails to customers abroad, always write the date in letters to avoid confusion. (So instead of, say, 16/4-11 (today) I'd write 16th of April 2011 or April 16th 2011.)
              I tend to spell out the month as well (or at least the abbreviation) -- 17 April or 17 Apr or April 17 or Apr 17. I'm not consistent about it unless a form requires it a certain way.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
              X