This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impatient SCs

what i really dislike are those guests who have no patience.

impatient SC1
    She saw me checking in a guest, and the guest had some questions, and i was answering him. And she cut in right in the middle of the conversation and asked for directions and stuffs. as if hers were more important than the other guest's.

impatient SC2
    when you are behind the front desk, you always walk around to get certain supplies, ie maps of the city, papers when your printer unexpectedly ran out, etc etc etc. the guests who were at the back of the line would immediately rushed toward you, and said "i need to check in"

impatient SC3
    this one is a classic, she walked into the hotel and immediately wento to my desk, knowingly i was helpping a guest, and she immediately stated that she's a travel agent, and she asked for "whos gonna play at the bar tonight, tomorrow night, and friday night?" "any cover charges?" "what are the dress code?"
    what irriated me was, she didnt even excuse herself nor gesture to the guest, she just assumed she got the priority. so i told her to wait at the back of the line just like everyone else.

Before I got my car, I had to catch the bus to the local shopping center. The public transport system is pretty good here. I've caught buses to/from school since I was 15. So I kinda knew what I was in for when I saw these two people waiting for the same bus as me...

F: female SC
    M: male SC
    QL: questions lady (innocent)

QL: (boards the bus) I'll have a (ticket type), please.
    Driver takes money, hands over ticket.
    QL: This bus goes past *Station,* right?
    Driver: yes.
    F: (standing behind me and the lady) Clueless b*tch.
    QL: And on to *Street?*
    Driver: No, we turn at *Street.*
    F: Too many f**king questions. Doesn't she know anything?
    QL: Oh, so you go through *Suburb?*
    Driver: Yes.
    F: Why's she still talking, b*tch, let us on the bus.
    QL: Thanks for your help.
    Driver: No problem.
    F: Finally. Blond b*tch.

Seriously, I wanted to say something, but I thought she might have some kind of condition. The guy seemed to calm her down earlier. The bus was maybe 1 minute late (10 mins late is when I start getting annoyed, but never snippy etc.) and she'd been cursing about it while they waited.

C'mon, we all have places to be. Sometimes we get confused with bus numbers/routes - there's about 20 buses that stop in that area. Half go to the middle of nowhere, and then keep going. Wouldn't you want to be sure of where the bus is going? We're all first-time travelers sometime! If you don't want to wait for people, buy a car! That's what I did. It's working out pretty good for me. I haven't seen your foul self again, have I?
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development

Comment

This happens ALLL the TIME...I'll set up service for a customer, tire change, jump start, new vehicle delivery. I'll give them the ETA that I'm given. We'll use a 1 hour ETA for example. They will call back every 10 min wanting to know the "updated ETA." I dont think I'm supposed to do this, but here's how my calls like that go:

SC: How long until service arrives?
      Me: Well, you were given a 1 hour ETA 10 minutes ago.....let's see......50 minutes.
      SC: (Insert random unsatisfied comment here)
      I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Comment

Quoth uthdentroll View Post
        what i really dislike are those guests who have no patience.

impatient SC2
        when you are behind the front desk, you always walk around to get certain supplies, ie maps of the city, papers when your printer unexpectedly ran out, etc etc etc. the guests who were at the back of the line would immediately rushed toward you, and said "i need to check in"
        that's where you say, "well sir/ma'am, you're in the right line, then."
        impatient SC3
        this one is a classic, she walked into the hotel and immediately wento to my desk, knowingly i was helpping a guest, and she immediately stated that she's a travel agent, and she asked for "whos gonna play at the bar tonight, tomorrow night, and friday night?" "any cover charges?" "what are the dress code?"
        what irriated me was, she didnt even excuse herself nor gesture to the guest, she just assumed she got the priority. so i told her to wait at the back of the line just like everyone else.
        Why should a travel agent (ie provider of potential customers) get priority over the *actual* customers that are trying to give you their money right now? If I were the travel agent I would expect to wait until you weren't busy.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth roadside View Post
          This happens ALLL the TIME...I'll set up service for a customer, tire change, jump start, new vehicle delivery. I'll give them the ETA that I'm given. We'll use a 1 hour ETA for example. They will call back every 10 min wanting to know the "updated ETA." I dont think I'm supposed to do this, but here's how my calls like that go:

SC: How long until service arrives?
          Me: Well, you were given a 1 hour ETA 10 minutes ago.....let's see......50 minutes.
          SC: (Insert random unsatisfied comment here)
          Ahh, it's nice to know that I am not alone in this hell!

I'll give people the ETA and they'll ask, "can you narrow that down?" No, no - really I can't - they'll be there between now and then and that's the best I can do for you. "Are you sure? Can you call them? Can I talk to the driver?"

AS IF talking to the driver is going to make him go any faster!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            Ahh, it's nice to know that I am not alone in this hell!

I'll give people the ETA and they'll ask, "can you narrow that down?" No, no - really I can't - they'll be there between now and then and that's the best I can do for you. "Are you sure? Can you call them? Can I talk to the driver?"

AS IF talking to the driver is going to make him go any faster!
            What's there to narrow? They'll be there within the hour, to me, means, well, they'll be there within an hour (or so)...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X